Becoming Elite middle of cruise

sashas_mom

We will become Elite a few days into our cruise Will they honor that on the ship? Princess said it's up to the ship. What was your experience?

No sorry, your Elite benefits will not take effect until your next cruise. They do not add them mid-cruise that I have ever heard of (many have posted here on CC that they tried, only to be told that they don't apply them mid-cruise). Even the Captain's Circle explains the next tier will not be available until your next sailing. See how it's worded here: https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

In fact it happened in the middle of a TransAtlantic b2b with a Eastern Med cruise following on. Since both were booked as a single cruise our Elite benefits did not kick-in until a subsequent trip. That being said, the Captain's Cirlce person knew all about us and went out of her way to welcome us to Elite, giving us black cards, and I seem to remember seomthing else very nice - strawberries on formal night springs to mind.

Welcome to Elite and enjoy the laundry!

I hit 150 days on Princess on the third day of our last cruise on the CB last month. Coincidentally, it was also my 15th cruise with Princess. Unfortunately you will not receive your Princess Elite card/package until the evening before disembarkation. Princess states you will change status after the completion of your cruise.

The only time we have seen it 'mid cruise' is if you are on a b2b long cruise, or on a World Cruise 107 days, they did upgrade people each segment....otherwise, you have to wait til your next cruise.

But the free laundry, cabin horderves (sp?), upgraded spa toiletries, mini bar and internet are really worth earning.

Good luck..

The only time we have seen it 'mid cruise' is if you are on a b2b long cruise, or on a World Cruise 107 days, they did upgrade people each segment....otherwise, you have to wait til your next cruise.

But the free laundry, cabin horderves (sp?), upgraded spa toiletries, mini bar and internet are really worth earning.Good luck..

Thats the only time I have heard of it happenning. We had friends on a WC, and they became Elite for the second half of the cruuise. It was updated after each segment.

But the free laundry, cabin horderves (sp?), upgraded spa toiletries, mini bar and internet are really worth earning.

Good luck..

That's what I was thinking. I've not been on a World Cruise (yet!), but I figured they would make exceptions for those turning Elite because they are over 100 days. I have a long time before I am able to have the free time before a World Cruise, but I am sure am looking forward to it some day.

Archived