Labadee, Haiti - Freedom of the Seas

buddy11

I have some questions about Labadee, the ship is docked, does this mean we can walk off the ship onto the pier? Can we return to the ship as often as we like? From reading up on Labadee I understand that it is privately owned / leased by RC and is a secure area. Is the beach area (nearest the landing dock) , Labadee village and the market stalls all within walking distance of each other.? Sun loungers and BBQ are free and drinks are extra, is this correct? I plan on spending time on the beach and maybe do a tour like the historic walking tour or the Haiti Coastal Cruise and would like to buy a souvenir of Haiti. I do not plan on doing any water activities. Any replies to my list of questions is appreciated.

I have some questions about Labadee, the ship is docked, does this mean we can walk off the ship onto the pier? Can we return to the ship as often as we like? From reading up on Labadee I understand that it is privately owned / leased by RC and is a secure area. Is the beach area (nearest the landing dock) , Labadee village and the market stalls all within walking distance of each other.? Sun loungers and BBQ are free and drinks are extra, is this correct? I plan on spending time on the beach and maybe do a tour like the historic walking tour or the Haiti Coastal Cruise and would like to buy a souvenir of Haiti. I do not plan on doing any water activities. Any replies to my list of questions is appreciated.

You are right about just about everything. Labadee is on a peninsula in Haiti but it is private "resort" operated and protected (and I mean by security) by the cruise line so you can have "fun" without seeing the real Haiti --the impoverished, cholera-prone, quake-devastated nation.

You can return to the ship at anytime. Food is brought to the beach area. Iced Tea and non-bottled water was available at no extra charge.

Labadee is an RCCL owned facility. You can't leave the complex. Most of the staff are from the ship though there are some locals who sell crafts and souvenirs.

You can walk all around the complex. Lots of beach to explore. We enjoyed watching the zip liners land on the beach.

You can return to the ship at anytime. Food is brought to the beach area. Iced Tea and non-bottled water was available at no extra charge.

Labadee is an RCCL owned facility. You can't leave the complex. Most of the staff are from the ship though there are some locals who sell crafts and souvenirs.

You can walk all around the complex. Lots of beach to explore. We enjoyed watching the zip liners land on the beach.

Just to be perfectly clear, for the sake of anyone reading this mostly-accurate reply:

Labadee is an RCCL-LEASED facility.

Thanks for all replies. great map, I had seen it on another thread on Labadee. I will be back with more questions on my next stop - Falmouth, Jamaica - once I have spent some time reading up on it.

Archived