£29 per room for Southampton hotel

hello all ,

For information for those looking for an overnight or longer in Southampton near to the port .

The brand new Premier Inn at West Quay has a special on for £29 per night for the room.This is a special rate with no Cancellation/amendment option.

The hotel opened in May this year, is close to shopping and the port.

We have booked it for our Independence cruise in September:)

Must just be for you Brits........... I put in my dates and it came to 193 for 2 nights

Hi Karen,

I checked some random dates between now & next June (can't be booked more than 12 months ahead)

Two nights came out at £87 or thereabouts flexible.

Or £58 for 2 nights (as advertised) no-amends, & not currently offered beyond 2011.

1. Check again - were you looking at inclusive of breakfast & evening meal?

or

2. Try it from this link

http://www.premierinn.com/en/search.action

and enter Southampton West Quay as the hotel name

or

3. Send me the £29 per night plus half the difference & I'll book it for you :D:D

John Bull :)

We stayed there recently for rather more than £29 a night. It is a very nice hotel, but not all that close to the port. It is about four or five blocks to West Quay Mall and the pedestrianized shopping street next to it, or to an Asda supermarket, but a £6 or £7 cab ride to the Oxford Street restaurant row or to Ocean Cruise Terminal, and a bit more to the Red Funnel ferry terminal.

Be aware that rooms in the rear of the hotel look over a very busy rail line. However, the soundproofing was excellent, and while we could tell when a train was passing, the sound was so low that it was not disturbing.

We're waiting for Whitbread to bring the Premier Inn concept to the US. You get a lot of value for what you pay.

We stayed there recently for rather more than £29 a night. It is a very nice hotel, but not all that close to the port. It is about four or five blocks to West Quay Mall and the pedestrianized shopping street next to it, or to an Asda supermarket, but a £6 or £7 cab ride to the Oxford Street restaurant row or to Ocean Cruise Terminal, and a bit more to the Red Funnel ferry terminal.

Be aware that rooms in the rear of the hotel look over a very busy rail line. However, the soundproofing was excellent, and while we could tell when a train was passing, the sound was so low that it was not disturbing.

We're waiting for Whitbread to bring the Premier Inn concept to the US. You get a lot of value for what you pay.

Wrong hotel, R-Square :p

You've just described Premier Inn in New Road, east side of the city centre.

Its the one Karen has just cancelled in order to switch to Premier Inn West Quay. (location-wise & price-wise, a good move KP)

JB :)

Thanks John:D Just finished booking my National Coach tickets from Heathrow to Southampton. Just hope I gave myself enough time. Flight gets in at 11:25 and booked the 1:15 coach:confused:

Shouldn't be a problem. Usually about an hour from aircraft doors opening to clearing the arrivals hall. I think Nat Express suggest allowing 90 mins.

If your flight is late, you can re-book for a small administration fee (£5?)

Sure you booked from the correct terminal?

Arriving at T1/2/3, book from Heathrow central bus station (10 min walk)

Arriving at T4 or T5, book from your terminal (coach lane outside terminal entrance)

From Southampton coach station, 5 min walk to hotel.

I checked this hotel for dates we might be interested in and it was about £53 pn. It appeared that the best rates are for certain nights - Sundays and sometimes Mondays and Thursdays. Great if they coincide with your needs. We will stick with Dolphin which includes parking, breakfast and taxi transfers for £95.

yes, is that going to be a problem???? hope not

No. You've booked correctly. :)

For simplicity and because of congestion around those three central terminals, National Express don't visit Ts 1/2/3.

Instead, you'll have a fairly short & well-signed walk from T3 to central bus station.

Hi all ,

Good to see some people took up the special rate. This hotel is brand spanking new so everything should be top notch. We stayed at the Holiday inn last time and walked passed the new Premier building still in construction mode. The location is great.

brilliant Heather,Brian just booked it today for our Nov cruise on indie,thanks so much. we saw it in the process of being built last time in Southampton so know how handy it is for the Indie.

Glenys

Hi Glenys , glad to be of help . We were going to book the Etap but the Premier is closer to Wetherspoons on the high street for the Tuesday steak special;)

Hi all ,

Good to see some people took up the special rate. This hotel is brand spanking new so everything should be top notch. We stayed at the Holiday inn last time and walked passed the new Premier building still in construction mode. The location is great.

Hi Glenys , glad to be of help . We were going to book the Etap but the Premier is closer to Wetherspoons on the high street for the Tuesday steak special;)

Great a Wetherspoons close by........... one of my favourite places to eat and drink!!

Didn't get the £29 rate but got a £39 rate for Friday night June 1, 2012.

I figured I would book it and if I find something better I can always cancel.

Question, can my family (3 teenagers, wife, and self) walk from the national coach depot to this hotel with wheeled luggage? I don't want to spend the money I saved on the hotel on a taxi ride. Thanks.

Didn't get the £29 rate but got a £39 rate for Friday night June 1, 2012.

I figured I would book it and if I find something better I can always cancel.

Question, can my family (3 teenagers, wife, and self) walk from the national coach depot to this hotel with wheeled luggage? I don't want to spend the money I saved on the hotel on a taxi ride. Thanks.

If it's the West Quay Premier Inn, yes, its a short level walk. 5 mins? :)

The "City centre" Premier Inn in New Road is mebbe 10/15 mins & involves short steep hill unless you cheat & use the carpark elevator & Asda store ;)

There's isn't currently a non-amend price for 2012, your £39 rate is for flexible. So yes you can cancel even at very short notice :)

We're still waiting to book a pre-cruise hotel for our Eclipse cruise July 2012...

Last year, we stayed at the Holiday Inn on Herbert Walker and were planning on staying there again...

We were planning on arriving at Heathrow on July 4 for our July 7 sailing and thought it might make sense to head right over to Southampton...Just kick back and relax on the 5th, maybe take a ferry across to the Isle of Wight for the day on the 6th, then board the ship on the 7th...

So I thought it might makes sense to just book a Southampton hotel for three nights...

This hotel sort of throws the Holiday Inn plan into question...

It appears to be a little closer to the shopping mall and a little further from the dock...(We walked from the Holiday Inn to the ship last time)...I take it the Premier Inn is just far enough away to require a taxi (I don't think my wife wants to hike even a few blocks with all of her luggage)...

Any opinions on a comparison between this property and the Holiday Inn?

Archived