£29 per room for Southampton hotel

wetherspoons is a cheap place to drink,they always have different specials running,a run of the mile lager about 2.80

The food is cheap as well they do breakfast lunch and dinner, a burger and a beer will set you back approx £5.00,they also have theme evenings on the whole reasonable price food,no music no atmosphere :):)

Price range for a meal here. Cost of a beer?

Thanks! Tried their website but no prices that I could find.

Or do you have other recommendations for a nice meal out? (not a ritzy place)

prices vary from town to town ,only by 10p sometimes ,that is why prices are not on the web. A pint of Ruddles in our local is £1.60. We enjoy Tuesdays as you can have two steak meals with a bottle of wine for £15, served from 3pm. Don't expect gourmet food but for value for money you can't beat a Wetherspoons.

We're still waiting to book a pre-cruise hotel for our Eclipse cruise July 2012...

Last year, we stayed at the Holiday Inn on Herbert Walker and were planning on staying there again...

We were planning on arriving at Heathrow on July 4 for our July 7 sailing and thought it might make sense to head right over to Southampton...Just kick back and relax on the 5th, maybe take a ferry across to the Isle of Wight for the day on the 6th, then board the ship on the 7th...

So I thought it might makes sense to just book a Southampton hotel for three nights...

This hotel sort of throws the Holiday Inn plan into question...

It appears to be a little closer to the shopping mall and a little further from the dock...(We walked from the Holiday Inn to the ship last time)...I take it the Premier Inn is just far enough away to require a taxi (I don't think my wife wants to hike even a few blocks with all of her luggage)...

Any opinions on a comparison between this property and the Holiday Inn?

we stayed at the Holiday inn in January this year and walked by the new Premier inn construction site which was literally at the opposite end of the Devere car park so only another 3 minute walk without luggage to the HI but obviously having to cross a busy dual carriageway. if it isn't raining when we stay there in September we will be walking to the port.

kpalmer7 (Karen), This is Wayne of the AU cruise when you slipped and fell. How's the knee doing????? What cruise are you taking out of Southampton??? We are on the Grand of Nov 4th. Doing National Express and the Holiday Inn pre-cruise. wavtam

Hey Wayne........... How you guys doing??? My knee is almost perfect:). I think old age is hitting it now....lol

We're going on the Crown British Isle cruise this Aug 16th for 12 days. Then staying in London for 5 days after. We're going with Ron & Kathy, and Chuck & Marina from the Au cruise.

You might want to look at the Premier Inn West Quay as we all got rooms for 29 pounds a night. It's also brand new.

I have a 16 day South America cruise on the Star booked for next March out of Santiago also:D

Karen, Great to hear about the knee. We are on the Nov 4th Grand doing TA back to Fort Lauderdale. With Fran and Len. Home for Thanksgiving and then off to Golden for 2 week Hawaii run. Do all this to escape the weather here. WAVTAM

prices vary from town to town ,only by 10p sometimes ,that is why prices are not on the web. A pint of Ruddles in our local is £1.60. We enjoy Tuesdays as you can have two steak meals with a bottle of wine for £15, served from 3pm. Don't expect gourmet food but for value for money you can't beat a Wetherspoons.

For me its a Thursday night at our new Wetherspoons as it is Curry night

£4.99 including a pint or a G&T or glass of wine, not bad at all!

Archived