Through Eternity Tours - Rome

homeinboca

Hello fellow cruisers.

I have booked a Vatican 5 hour and Coliseum 3 hour tour with Through Eternity Tours. Perhaps I should have asked this question beforehand, but the reviews from Rick Steves, and Trip Advisor looked very good.

Has anyone here used them? Did you have a positive experience?

Thanks,

Ron

We used them 2 different times. In 2006 we did the Vatican and ancient Rome which included the forum and coliseum.

Then fall of 2010 we used them again for private tour of ancient Rome. We loved it so much in 2006 we wanted our friends that went with us in 2010 to experience the private tours. They also went on the Vatican tour and loved it.

Last fall we had Emma and she was wonderful. She took us to a really nice little restaurant close to the coliseum. It was great. These tour guides are all Italian history or art majors. They are very knowledgeable.

I highly recommend them. You won't be sorry you booked them.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheryl

Through Eternity is probably one of the best general walking tour providers in Rome. I've used them (but not since 2007) and have recommended them to others, always with very positive feedback. For a nice introduction to those areas, I think you will be very happy with them.

If, for any reason, you are looking for tours that give a more in-depth experience, I can also highly recommend Context Rome. Their small group walking tours are a nice compromise between a large group and a private tour (although they also offer private tours upon request). I am very particular about tours and guides -- over the years, very few have imparted information above and beyond what I have already learned by basic research -- but the Context ones have always been terrific. However, they are definitely more specialized and scholarly in their approach; it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Archived