Just canceled 2 2011 and 1 2012 cruises and sold 5600 shares of CCL Stock SMOKING BAN

Synthetic

Somehow it is extremely laughable when a person such as the OP who has made numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes in his posts' date=' continues to quibble over the correct spelling of a word which is perfectly acceptable when spelled either way.

"Cancelling" is more authentic because it accommodates the short "e" sound, whereas "canceling" suggests a long "e" sound.

Both are correct.

It's the same with "travelling" and "traveling".

It's not enough to try to impress us with how much money he makes, how many boats he owns, and how people quake at his displeasure. Now he's resorting to picking (wrongly) at others' spelling and grammar.

He appears to be quite the "piece of work". :D[/quote']

And I care about your opinion because why? The spelling correction started as a half-cocked joke... oh well

Is goading people how you intend to raise your post count? You haven't said one single post that is constructive yet. In the online world, we call that a TROLL.

Actually my very first post was on another thread and I told a young mother to forget her worries and just enjoy her cruise. In the real world we call that compassion.

Please refer to post #62.

As a non smoker looking forward to my first ever cruise Saturday (on the Glory out of NYC to Canada) this news could not have come at a better time. Not sure what this all means as I have never been on a cruise ship, but it seems like 1 or 2 more potentially fun places that I will not have to avoid.

Awesome!

. And all of my clubs are ALWAYS PACKED

2. Canceling all 3 cruise (1 Carnival and 1 Seabourn in 2011 and another Carnival in 2012) is simply a matter of personal choice. Why should I spend roughly 1/4 of my personal income per year vacationing with a company that does not provide what I need to enjoy myself?

Hmmm... Perhaps my partners and me need to open our own cruise line... lol

Whether you cruise with Carnival or not I dont care but 1 less smoker on Carnival makes me very happy.:D:D

But Im a curious...... If your clubs are always packed and you are spending a 1/4 of your personal income on cruising with Carnival?????????

Even if you did 4 cruises a year. That isnt much money for someone with all those popular night clubs.

Maybe your partners should be finding somone else to be in business with, that doesnt overreact and they probably would make alot more profit.

Just an observation from reading your posts.

But....they have not BANNED smoking! :rolleyes:

I agree- They did not ban smoking all together- just in parts of the ship. I am a smoker -trying the e-cig. I would not cancel my cruise just because they changed a smoking policy. I love to cruise. Your vacation is what you make it land or sea. I don't let anyone or anything ruin my vacation for Me.

Your competitors choose to follow Ohio state law. :rolleyes: But I digress...

You won't be missed. Not by Carnival, and certainly not by 90% of the passengers onboard.

Good luck with that NCL thing.

Since you know the law in Ohio - thank you, as I follow it as well. I converted all of my clubs to 'private' clubs whereas you pay $1 a year to belong and have to show your club card. Law skirted. By buying the card, you sign an agreement acknowledging that WE ALLOW SMOKING.

Anyway, this thread (like one or two others I have been involved in) has been rerouted a fe times so I am now done with it...

BOTTOM LINE - Have fun on Carnival... I will not be doing so anymore. Thank you for your personal attacks, as it shows me the mentality of the room...

I am done with this.

As a non smoker looking forward to my first ever cruise Saturday (on the Glory out of NYC to Canada) this news could not have come at a better time. Not sure what this all means as I have never been on a cruise ship, but it seems like 1 or 2 more potentially fun places that I will not have to avoid.

Awesome!

Congrats on your first cruise!

I agree- They did not ban smoking all together- just in parts of the ship. I am a smoker -trying the e-cig. I would not cancel my cruise just because they changed a smoking policy. I love to cruise. Your vacation is what you make it land or sea. I don't let anyone or anything ruin my vacation for Me.

Just a note from my sister...she said it makes all the difference if you make sure your battery is fully charged....

I try to let new users know this....apparently it was a big deal to her....

I canceled my cruise today, and 3 sets of friends with 3 other cabins canceled. We actually re booked a all inclusive in Mexico, and it was $150 cheaper. Thank God we hadn't bought airfare to New York.

Bye!!! :D

Since you know the law in Ohio - thank you, as I follow it as well. I converted all of my clubs to 'private' clubs whereas you pay $1 a year to belong and have to show your club card. Law skirted. By buying the card, you sign an agreement acknowledging that WE ALLOW SMOKING.

Anyway, this thread (like one or two others I have been involved in) has been rerouted a fe times so I am now done with it...

BOTTOM LINE - Have fun on Carnival... I will not be doing so anymore. Thank you for your personal attacks, as it shows me the mentality of the room...

I am done with this.

I wonder why?!

Government will save millions in health care costs. Too much drinking in Scotland anyway. Bad reputation.

No smoking in work places, restaurants, airplanes, hotels, ships...see a trend here? Dah!

I BEG YOUR PARDON!!!! BAD REPUTATION!!!!!!!!!!!

How insulting!!!!!:mad:

And to think my son in law is a Canadian!

Well, I am good enough for HM to invite to tea so I cannot be that bad!

Yes - I received word from John Heald that this rumor is, in fact, true and will be policy. Too bad - I was looking forward to my next level of Milestone but will now not cruise any of CCL's lines.

I remember the debacle and laughing stock that Paradise was in the late 90's then when they painted over the NON-SMOKING signs in 2003.

I am in the night club business and Carnival should have learned by the paltry liquor sales aboard Paradise that banning smoking=lower occupancy and far lower alcohol sales. Oh well.

Not my problem anymore - shame on you Carnival... You had a good thing going and are now trying to be everything to everyone and that isn't why I cruised your line.

[and yes, I did cancel my Seabourn cruise as well. Why cruise with a company that makes ignorant decisions?]

Guess you wont be cruising at all because all the lines are doing it. Its a filthy habit anyways. :rolleyes:

How does one have to do with another?

All this just because Carnival is restricting you're ability to interfere with non-smoker's vacations?

And in my opinion, your arrogance interferes with a smokers vacation.

can·cel

   /ˈkænthinsp.pngsəl/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled [kan-suhthinsp.pngl] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA verb, -celed, -cel·ing or ( especially British thinsp.png) -celled, -cel·ling, noun

–verb (used with object) 1. to make void; revoke; annul: to cancel a reservation.

2. to decide or announce that a planned event will not take place; call off: to cancel a meeting.

3. to mark or perforate (a postage stamp, admission ticket, etc.) so as to render invalid for reuse.

Actually my point was that not all smokers defiantly overreact and will still cruise even if they have to walk a few steps to feed their addiction...so I don't believe that many will be canceling......canceling....there is that better:p

Trust me, I've tried. It's not worth it.

And in my opinion, your arrogance interferes with a smokers vacation.

Excuse me? I'm not being arrogant, I'm telling the plain truth. According to John Heald, over 90% of Carnival cruisers are non-smoking. Why should those 10% of smokers interfere with the majority of cruisers by spreading filthy smoke all over, and potentially causing a health hazard?

It's just like kindergarten - majority rules.

Oops you better watch it:D Rumor has it there is a tattle tale on board.

I think some of the "rude users" are upset that they're finally being "discovered". Above all, my "tattling" (I can't believe I'm even saying that...) will help the community as a whole, eliminating some posts, and hopefully users, that tend to destroy otherwise fine threads.

no, but if what you say is true, both spellings are acceptable. Therefore, diva is correct.

Cc is a worldwide forum. What if diva happens to be from britain?

Interesting that the op decides to focus on this, rather than respond to the 50 other people against him...

It was only a matter of time until cruise ships were dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century with regard to smoking policy. I expect it'll be just a matter of time until balconies are 100% smoke-free also. It's a day for great celebration.

I do not understand why smoking on a balcony is such a big deal, for years the smokers have been told to smoke outside. Isn't a balcony outside?

Yes - I received word from John Heald that this rumor is, in fact, true and will be policy. Too bad - I was looking forward to my next level of Milestone but will now not cruise any of CCL's lines.

I remember the debacle and laughing stock that Paradise was in the late 90's then when they painted over the NON-SMOKING signs in 2003.

I am in the night club business and Carnival should have learned by the paltry liquor sales aboard Paradise that banning smoking=lower occupancy and far lower alcohol sales. Oh well.

Not my problem anymore - shame on you Carnival... You had a good thing going and are now trying to be everything to everyone and that isn't why I cruised your line.

[and yes, I did cancel my Seabourn cruise as well. Why cruise with a company that makes ignorant decisions?]

i applaud you. voting with your $$$ is the only thing companies understand.

CCL stock fell 3% today, btw

Archived