Will I be the only one??? Hope not!!!!!

paulista1950

I'm planning to rent a tux for my cruise (Alaska, 9/17, one week, Vancouver/Vancouver). It will be my first: HAL, Alaska, and tux!

I never wore a tux before, so I'm afraid being the ONLY ONE wearing it! :eek:

Should I worry? What are the odds?

I'm planning to rent a tux for my cruise (Alaska, 9/17, one week, Vancouver/Vancouver). It will be my first: HAL, Alaska, and tux!

No worries, I am sure there will be at least one other tux there;) if nothing else you will be a stand out:D seriously, on HAL there are usually around 30% or more tuxes, depending on the cruise and the clientele based on my experience.

every cruise is different and every ship different but I am certain you will not be alone:)

Have no fear! You will not be alone in your tux in the MDR on Formal Nights. Depending on the cruise destination I have seen tux percentages as high as 40% and never lower than 25% over many years of cruising. Estimates, of course.

Have a good time!

RonJoan

No fear!! You will not be alone, hubby will be wearing his also both nights. One night he will have his black jacket the other his white:)

Joanie

I saw nowhere near 25% tuxes on our June 2008 Alaska cruise. There were very few men dressed in tuxes on our cruise. However, I agree, that if this is something that you are really looking forward to, then go for it. You will have a wonderful time!!

Men are just the opposite of women. We want to look like everyone else. DW dreads seeing another woman wearing the same outfit as she is wearing.

My theory is since I paid for the darn thing, I might as well bring it along and wear it in once in a while. We usually have a least jacket and tie for Pinnacle Grill nights as well.

Since we left the work world, there are precious few other occasions when black tie is suggested any more. I have to wear it onboard ship just to get my money's worth out of it.

I doubt you'll be the only one. It sounds like you're excited at this new "adventure" - have fun with it! You'll look great and probably get more than a few admiring looks! :)

Or you might be asked by someone to get a refill on a glass of water:eek:

Archived