Suite Perks

Geenie

We just booked a Celebrity Suite on the Silhouette. In the list of suite perks there is an asterisk by mini bar and laundry service. Does any one know if we get free laundry service, and is anything from the minibar included free? Also- any other tips about suite perks?

We just booked a Celebrity Suite on the Silhouette. In the list of suite perks there is an asterisk by mini bar and laundry service. Does any one know if we get free laundry service, and is anything from the minibar included free? Also- any other tips about suite perks?

Geenie,

You get a booklet of Elite perks and at least one free laundry service and 90 minutes of free Internet(you have to take the Internet coupon to Guest Relations to set up). There are a lot of others but those were the only 2 that we took advantage of.

You didn't say what cabin # you booked but if available, grab 1110 or 1233 or 1615 or 1618. The balconies are huge-twice the size of other CS

Catherine

I'm not certain that you will get the Elite coupons -- I know that it has occasionally happened, but I don't think the OP should count on getting them.

Unless the policy has changed recently, you do get a booklet of coupons for a variety of perks. We were on the Solstice in 2010 in a Celebrity Suite and a Royal Suite this past February and received them both times.

We got them because we booked the Suite-we were not Captain's Club Elite members.

Also, check out the threads on what your butler can do for you. On our first suite with a butler, we didn't know what we could ask for and I think this was our butler's first time as a butler and possibly his first time on the ship. First night, we asked which way to the dining room and he pointed us in the wrong direction.

This last cruise, we asked if our butler could change the Champagne for a bottle of wine-he did. We also realized-through the great info on the Board- that we could write on the breakfast menu for cafe latte or capuccino, fruit of any kind etc. These items are not on the preprinted breakfast door hangar but if you write in what you want, they will do their best to get it for you.

Catherine

No coupon booklet for the Celebrity Suites, maybe for the Royal and Penthouse but not the CS. We were in one in January - so that is the most recent first hand info I have.

I would agree with trying to snag a CS on the hump - super huge balcony we had 1233 and absolutely loved it!

General suite perks include: free espresso and cappichino in the suite, priority dining (time and table size - just put your request in with the TA or celebrity, whoever you booked with), tea service in the afternoon, canapes around 5:30 - which can be switched out for shrimp cocktail or cheese and cracker plates.

When you meet your butler on the first day feel free to mention anything you would like to have and they will make sure that happens for you - I usually request the shrimp cocktail/cheese crackers on alternating days I never have to ask a second time the butler just writes it down and makes it happen.

Enjoy your suite!

Thanks, this is all helpful. From what I am reading there are standard suite perks, and then sometimes you get some extra's- but that is random. Does anyone know if there is a coffee maker in the room? I like good coffee, but not much interest in cappuccino and expresso.

Unless the policy has changed recently, you do get a booklet of coupons for a variety of perks.

Suite guests do not receive Elite coupons as a policy. Sometimes the Hotel Director chooses to extend Elite perks to people in suites, but this is at the discretion of the Hotel Director and is far from guaranteed. The size of the suite makes a difference (Sky Suites almost never receive this perk whereas Penthouse and Royal Suites guests are far more likely to receive the perk). Also the number of true Elites already on board often factors into the decision (i.e. if there are already lots of Elites then suites guests are less likely to receive Elite perks).

It's true that your butler can do wonders. Our last cruise we were not quite elite (we became elite halfway through the cruise if that makes sense) so we just had the captain's club select coupons. But our butler did go over and above. I love raspberries and strawberries, so every day I'd have a little bowl of them in the room. He knew we liked ice first thing in the morning for our Diet Cokes so he had it by the door before we woke up. He rearranged our dining schedules for all the specialty restaurants and got us on the top of waiting lists for a couple excursions we couldn't reserve ahead of time. I got sick the last day of the 11 day cruise and he got me some medicine and checked in on me (as did our precious cabin steward Maria). And we were "just" S-1 suite (corner aft). However, one thing he was not able to do was secure elite coupons but from now on we'll have them.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Does anyone know if the celebrity suiites have a coffee maker, or do you have to have the butler bring the specialty and regular coffee?

There was NO coffeemaker in the PH, so I expect that there won't be one in the RS, SS, or CS either.

Archived