Military OBC Process Time Query

Stevesan

We are travelling in Jan 2012 and my husband faxed his info in for the military credit about 3 weeks ago. Last year when we e-mailed it in we got a response in a weeks time. After a week passed we e-mailed the information again and told them we also faxed it in. We got a response a week later that he will have his credit.

Carol

I emailed them today with a request to add credit for my husband and I'll post when it shows up.

I sent in this request for my husband on 6/18 and today I received an updated booking confirmation from Princess showing the credit. I am currently booked with Princess, so the booking confirmation came directly to me.

FINALLY!

A gal from the Military Benefits office actually called yesterday. The phone call alone was a major breakthrough.

Despite my having a fax confirmation for the second submission, she couldn't locate it. She could only address the first request form which lacked a copy of the back side of my ID. That wasn't a published requirement at the time I submitted it.

However, she did notice that the booking number in question was part of a B2B. She noticed the initial booking has the OBC attached. Based on that she added an OBC for the cruise in question.

I must add Mary was very friendly and helpful. She took the time to look up my phone number to report back to me.

Mary also mentioned that they are working on a data base for retired military. Once completed, it will be on record and will not have to be requested for future cruises. They finally figured out we don't "UNretire". :p

Thanks Pia. Good for Liza. She was truly terrific at her job.

You have so much inside info - do you work for CCL corp?

LOL. Hardly. :D Just a happy little stockholder of long time duration, who cruises often and reaps lots of OBC.

As for Liza, I just happened to speak to her a few months ago.

Sigh, I faxed mine to Princess three weeks ago and have heerad or seen nothing to indicate they either received or accepted it. Any ideas where I can go now to get this done?

I emailed the address on the application form & received a reply from this email address:

Princess Military Benefit <militarybenefit@princesscruises.com>

You might get a quicker reply using that email address. My TA also added it to my booking invoice but I like to have the email from Princess just in case there's a snafu. :p

You still have to wait for final payment on the Shareholder OBC but not the Military :-)

That's not what we've been hearing lately. It's been reported that some folks have had shareholder credit applied way before final payment.

Wow - hadn't seen that anywhere before Pia! Guess I'll give it a try on the (gulp) Carnival cruise we just booked for Feb 2012 :-)

Carnival? Oh My! :D Shhhhhh....... don't tell, but last night we were looking to take a short Carnival cruise around Labor Day. ;)

Archived