Can anyone verify my 2 year old not pottytrained options?

Califonria cruiser

I am just starting to look at 2 cruises for next summer and I have a boy who will be 2 years 9 months when I am looking at travelling. I anticipate he won't be pottytrained and we want to go out to dinner several nights without the kiddos (I also will have a 9 year old, but everyone seems to offer something for her age group plus she is very easy so she isn't the issue).

Anyway I am under the impression Disney offers programs, and Cunard on some ships. I called Carnival and they said that he could go to the kids club there, but the kids facility is closed between 5-7pm everyday so not sure how that helps unless we eat late. The rep also said that if he is 2 they will change all diapers poopy ones also, but if he were 3, then we would get a pager and we would have to do it. Seems weird to me!

I thougth Royal Caribbean starts the programs at 3 and pottytrained to leave the kids and only offers parents with the kids and then Fisher Price tyo option. Is this the case? Someone mentioned that there are some ships where they will watch under 3's and am dying to know if this is true.

I thought Celebrity and Princess don't offer anything for the under 3 set and I was so unimpressed with NCL that I don't think I'm willing to travel with them but I do know they are an option.

Anyone have any info on my options?

Jenn

Many children, especially boys are not potty trained by the time they are 3. :) Late dh was a pedi urologist and saw many physical problems caused by parents "forcing" their children to toilet train. Wait until your ds is ready!

Quite a few Royal Caribbean ships now have a nursery which takes children aged 6 months and up. These include: Oasis, Allure, Freedom, and Liberty. There is a fee for this service. All other RCCL ships have an in cabin babysitting service on a first come first serve basis for children aged 1 and up. Babysitting isn't guaranteed though.

For the over 3's, most ships close for an hour or two at certain times of the day during sea days - for dinner and lunch. Disney is the only one I know of that doesn't do this.

Just make sure your son is potty trained by the time you leave! There is no reason a child at 2 years 9 months is still in diapers.:eek:

Only 2 of my 5 weren't potty trained by 3, because I made the mistake of waiting until they were 3. The others were 2 1/2, and much easier (both boys and girls).

I was in a similar situation. Here are the options that I am aware of:

1. Royal Caribbean, using the ships that have a "nursery" which you would need to pay extra for (Oasis, Allure, Liberty and Freedom). These ships also have pools that are available to those in diapers (not all ships have this). I would NOT rely on any kind of in-room babysitting - we have found that to be unavailable on 2 of our cruises, so you just don't know.

2. NCL has kids program for 2+ but they will not change diapers (they will page for diaper changes). They do not have pools for the non-potty trained.

3. Disney has a fee-based nursery for 2s as well as a pool for the non-potty trained.

4. Carnival has kids programs for 2+ but no pools for those in diapers.

5. Cunard on some ships has supposedly a good nanny/play program, but I don't think they have the pools for those in diapers.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

I was in a similar situation. Here are the options that I am aware of:

1. Royal Caribbean, using the ships that have a "nursery" which you would need to pay extra for (Oasis, Allure, Liberty and Freedom). These ships also have pools that are available to those in diapers (not all ships have this). I would NOT rely on any kind of in-room babysitting - we have found that to be unavailable on 2 of our cruises, so you just don't know.

2. NCL has kids program for 2+ but they will not change diapers (they will page for diaper changes). They do not have pools for the non-potty trained.

3. Disney has a fee-based nursery for 2s as well as a pool for the non-potty trained.

4. Carnival has kids programs for 2+ but no pools for those in diapers.

5. Cunard on some ships has supposedly a good nanny/play program, but I don't think they have the pools for those in diapers.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

Adding to the above...Splendour and Radiance :D -- everyone always forgets them cause they are new nurseries ;)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do;jsessionid=00000oJwCoFuAMBV4TFghTfuEz4:13hldcgo7?pagename=royal_advantage_main

The ones with Baby Splash Zones -- RCI Independence, Freedom, Liberty, Oasis, Allure

The Disney Ships with Mickey's Baby Pool (Mickey's Hat) -- Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy.

And the above is correct -- you would be paying for the 2 year old for the nurseries on Disney and RCI. On Carnival and NCL, the kids camp would be free for the 2 year old -- HOWEVER, there would be no non-potty trained kids officially allowed in the pools.

Archived