Surcharge for lobster tails???

On ships without the Steakhouse they offer some of the steakhouse entrees for $18 everynight. The Steakhouse lobster is a larger (different specie?) tail than the MDR version.

The MDR version is available on formal night.

A friend just returned from the Triumph today. He says on formal' date=' you had to pay $18 in order to have lobster. When did this change? Also, if you pay the $18, do you get unlimited lobster tails?

Thanks!!![/quote']

That is an upcharge for a steakhouse meal for the ships that do not have an actual steakhouse. You do not have to pay for the MDR lobster tail.

There is still lobster, sorry your friend didnt see it on formal night?? wow.

Iv seen the MAINE lobster or surf and turk that is offered for $18. not the same thing.

I sure hope your friend got his free lobster, but its not maine lobster, though its still pretty good to me. Once it was over cooked, but usually its good.

We got home today from the Triumph also. They served Lobster on the first formal night from the standard menu. We ordered surf and turf from the Steakhouse menu on the second and it was outstanding. Great meal for $18.

If I'm paying extra I would like the ambiance of the Steakhouse. :)

I do understand that some people dont have the chance to sail on a ship with the steakhouse.

but I have to agree...... Thats part of the reason to pay the extra money for the extra service, the ambiance, the amuse bouche, all the great apps, the prime meats and who can forget the deserts that you can barely eat cause your so full from the rest of the meal. OK now im hungry time to go grill:D

We did use to get some great free tail in the MDR thou:p

If it's the Maine lobster, is it a full lobster and not just the tail? And how is it cooked? Anyone know? I am from New England, and $18 really isn't bad provided it's a full lobster.

Also, what would the Surf and Turf selection be?

Thanks.

If it's the Maine lobster, is it a full lobster and not just the tail? And how is it cooked? Anyone know? I am from New England, and $18 really isn't bad provided it's a full lobster.

Thanks.

just a tail. surf and turf is a smaller tail, and a filet.

Thanks.

i believe we had a lobster tail and 7 oz filet mignon.

Bill

I think that it's nice that they offer this, although I probably would never pay it....

On ships without the Steakhouse they offer some of the steakhouse entrees for $18 everynight. The Steakhouse lobster is a larger (different specie?) tail than the MDR version.

The MDR version is available on formal night.

Archived