Carnival Liberty

rabbit72

Liberty is a fine ship. I and my family sailed her on the 6/4/11 cruise and enjoyed it. My grandson said it was the best vacation ever. :)

I have to say that I didn't mind the decor and it was a bit more toned down than other Carnival ships.

The only negative was that I did notice that overall quality, selection and variety of food was lower than on my previous cruises on Legend, Pride (2) and Spirit. However, if you are into Lobster Night, you'll be happy with the size of the lobster. It is a nice sized tail and I'd wished I'd ordered it instead of my Prime Rib.

You will have a good time don't worry about it.

Take care,

Mike

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for all your responses. We have decided we will be sailing on her Oct 13th 2012. We have a big group going and we're all excited about it. Looking forward to seeing what they do in drydock.

Thanks again!

I have been on a few Carnival Cruises before but havent been on the Liberty and we are looking to book the Liberty....any good or bad feed back about the ship???

----

As everyone has stated, the Liberty is an awesome ship. I sailed with her in the past and can not think of 1 negative thing except one. When they made me get off the ship and go back home. :( I thought that was cruel and unusual punishment.

I am sailing her again (Oct 1st) right before dry dock with a group of 8. I can't wait!

The Serenity was already announced they will be adding it, however everything else is a Mystery...lol

I have been searching for what they will do in dry dock with only some old info from 2008 and new info about Circle C and paint and carpet, etc.....sooo excited to hear that a Serenity Deck will be added? Where did you get this info?

I have been searching for what they will do in dry dock with only some old info from 2008 and new info about Circle C and paint and carpet, etc.....sooo excited to hear that a Serenity Deck will be added? Where did you get this info?

What is the serenity deck??

I was recently on the Carnival Liberty, and I liked it a lot; it was a beautiful ship, and we really enjoyed the cruise. Please check out the review that I posted on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439116

Also, please let me know if you have any questions about the Liberty (you can reply here or reply to my review).

Wish they would change her to a Sun-Sun schedule. Can't fly in the day before when it leaves on a Saturday!

You can fly in the day before if you take an extra vacation day on Friday (as I did), but obviously that's less convenient. The advantage to Saturday to Saturday is that it gives you an extra day after the cruise to relax before returning to work. I suspect that more people (including myself) would take off the Friday before a Saturday to Saturday cruise than would take off the Monday after a Sunday to Sunday cruise, so probably Sunday to Sunday would be preferable for most people.

Several people posted t hat they are going on the Liberty for their honeymoon. Just out of curiosity, with most weddings being on Saturday, how would you do a Saturday to Saturday cruise as your honeymoon? Even Sunday to Sunday isn't ideal; it requires flying the day after the wedding and not being able to do a pre-stay, and not having any buffer if the flight is delayed or cancelled. Not a risk I would be willing to take. Monday to Monday or even Tuesday to Tuesday would be preferable for honeymoons, although they would be more difficult for everyone else.

One other quirk with a Saturday to Saturday cruise is that, if you are Catholic, it is not possible to attend Mass that week. You have to board on Saturday earlier than a vigil Mass would be offered. And both Liberty itineraries do not have any access to Mass on Sunday (Eastern calls at a private island on Sunday; Western has a sea day on Sunday). Since there is no way to access Mass in that case (as I wasn't, on June 26, 2011), you are granted travellers dispensation. Though if someone really wants to not miss Mass, then Sunday to Sunday is preferable, since you can go to Mass Saturday night (or Sunday morning) before boarding the ship, and then can go the following Sunday after leaving the ship (although I don't know what you'd do with your luggage). If a Saturday to Saturday cruise has a port (other than a private island) on Sunday, it then creates a sticky situation where you do technically have access to Mass, although it would mean wasting most of the port day. I see that as a situation that could cause tension between family members.

Carnival announced it it was also on John Heald's blog a while back...:) but that is all they said...lol

Will be on Liberty for 3rd time in Feb. Great ship, and crew is truly proud to work on her. Refurb in Oct. should make her even better!

I'm torn between booking on the Liberty or the Victory. Really would like my son and his girlfriend to experience HMC(my eutopia), but am weary of the weather(temperature) in February. We've been to HMC 2X, but both during summer months. I would hate not to be able to enjoy a beach day because of "cool" temperatures.

Can anyone who has visited HMC in February give me an idea of what to expect as far as weather/temperature?

Thanks

I'm torn between booking on the Liberty or the Victory. Really would like my son and his girlfriend to experience HMC(my eutopia), but am weary of the weather(temperature) in February. We've been to HMC 2X, but both during summer months. I would hate not to be able to enjoy a beach day because of "cool" temperatures.

Can anyone who has visited HMC in February give me an idea of what to expect as far as weather/temperature?

Thanks

You'll be so happy to get out the cold in Feb, you'll think it's a heat wave:o

Now for us that live south, we'll likely be bundled up.

I will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty 4-7-12 for Easter. It is the 1st time on this ship, but from all the reviews I read we felt it was a good choice. I can't wait to see what is going to happen in October, so s/o make sure and let us know if u sail before us!! :D

Archived