Carnival Liberty

rabbit72

My husband and I just sailed the Liberty in April 2011 and we absolutely loved her. Beautiful decor and our favorite ship so far. Plan on sailing Liberty again in April or May 2012. Can't wait!!

We are sailing next April on Liberty. Were there a lot of Spring breakers on the ship when you were there?

Hi Jenn! I am really excited. So in need of a vacation right now. 3 months from today!

I know what you mean Daisy. I haven't been this excited for a vacation in years. Our last cruise was in 2001, but we have been to Aruba 3 times since (one time was to get married) I was excited all those times. It must be because we haven't been away since 2008 that I am so excited!

I started a roll call on the roll call board, but I don't know if anyone replied.

We are hoping to upgrade our cabin, but aren't holding our breath for it! :)

We are sailing next April on Liberty. Were there a lot of Spring breakers on the ship when you were there?

We are also on the Liberty Easter cruise and were wondering the same thing regarding the Spring Breakers.... anyone know?

We are also on the Liberty Easter cruise and were wondering the same thing regarding the Spring Breakers.... anyone know?

Hard to say on school districts. I have seen SB scheds for colleges and most of the larger U-s' SBs are in March. I think local FL schools are back in session by Easter. We're certainly hoping it's over or nearly over the week after you.

From the roll call board I finally found it seems like there are going to be several families with high school aged children and under. I haven't seen any college spring breakers on there. We cruised in March and that ship was FULL of drunk college kids!! LOL

From the roll call board I finally found it seems like there are going to be several families with high school aged children and under. I haven't seen any college spring breakers on there. We cruised in March and that ship was FULL of drunk college kids!! LOL

When did you cruise - early or late March? We're on the Liberty March 3 to 10 and I really hope the cruise doesn't turn out to be a drunk fest!

I viewed the deck plans and wondered if the only theatre for movies is the one outside on the pool deck...:confused:

Just curious. thanks

They do sometimes show movies in the showroom during the day

When did you cruise - early or late March? We're on the Liberty March 3 to 10 and I really hope the cruise doesn't turn out to be a drunk fest!

DD20's college (UConn) is on Spring Break that week - but most of the kids from that college are going to Cancun. My school district is on break Easter/Passover week, as are most schools in the NE. Don't worry about it - most college spring breakers go on shorter cruises, or can't book because they don't meet CCL's age requirement to book on their own! (except the seniors!)

We also are on Liberty for Easter. So looking forward to it. We have been told there tends to be lots of families, not so many college kids, but who knows.

We were on the Dream last March, in the middle of the month. I was surprised to see a lot of spring breakers, but we mostly just saw them by the pool early in the week. They were having lots of fun and really making fools of themselves and quite drunk, but didn't bother anyone and they seemed to burn out really quickly. Didn't see much of them on the last sea day! Carnival organized spring break parties later at night and I think they probably slept most of their days away. Didn't see any groups of spring breakers at dinner or in the evening at the shows or comedy club. Oh to be young again!!

They do sometimes show movies in the showroom during the day

DD20's college (UConn) is on Spring Break that week - but most of the kids from that college are going to Cancun. My school district is on break Easter/Passover week, as are most schools in the NE. Don't worry about it - most college spring breakers go on shorter cruises, or can't book because they don't meet CCL's age requirement to book on their own! (except the seniors!)

Thanks! Don't want to seem like an old fuddy-duddy, but I'm travelling with my kids (DD 15 and DS 11) this time, and am looking forward to a nice family cruise :)

You can fly in the day before if you take an extra vacation day on Friday (as I did), but obviously that's less convenient. The advantage to Saturday to Saturday is that it gives you an extra day after the cruise to relax before returning to work. I suspect that more people (including myself) would take off the Friday before a Saturday to Saturday cruise than would take off the Monday after a Sunday to Sunday cruise, so probably Sunday to Sunday would be preferable for most people.

Several people posted t hat they are going on the Liberty for their honeymoon. Just out of curiosity, with most weddings being on Saturday, how would you do a Saturday to Saturday cruise as your honeymoon? Even Sunday to Sunday isn't ideal; it requires flying the day after the wedding and not being able to do a pre-stay, and not having any buffer if the flight is delayed or cancelled. Not a risk I would be willing to take. Monday to Monday or even Tuesday to Tuesday would be preferable for honeymoons, although they would be more difficult for everyone else.

One other quirk with a Saturday to Saturday cruise is that, if you are Catholic, it is not possible to attend Mass that week. You have to board on Saturday earlier than a vigil Mass would be offered. And both Liberty itineraries do not have any access to Mass on Sunday (Eastern calls at a private island on Sunday; Western has a sea day on Sunday). Since there is no way to access Mass in that case (as I wasn't, on June 26, 2011), you are granted travellers dispensation. Though if someone really wants to not miss Mass, then Sunday to Sunday is preferable, since you can go to Mass Saturday night (or Sunday morning) before boarding the ship, and then can go the following Sunday after leaving the ship (although I don't know what you'd do with your luggage). If a Saturday to Saturday cruise has a port (other than a private island) on Sunday, it then creates a sticky situation where you do technically have access to Mass, although it would mean wasting most of the port day. I see that as a situation that could cause tension between family members.

I guess you'll have to pray to Mary and ask forgiveness...

We cruised on the Carnival Fascination March 6-12. I will NEVER make that mistake again! LOL If my children wouldn't of been with us, it would of been okay. We just couldn't take them to any of the pools because of all the profanity and behaviors. I'm only 29 and the way these kids were acting was to wild for me even!!

We cruised on the Carnival Fascination March 6-12. I will NEVER make that mistake again! LOL If my children wouldn't of been with us, it would of been okay. We just couldn't take them to any of the pools because of all the profanity and behaviors. I'm only 29 and the way these kids were acting was to wild for me even!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for our cruise in March...thanks for your input :)

STILL no news on the After-Dry-Dock-secrets??:)

Nope...news keeps coming out on other ships in the fleet....but not the Liberty. Doesn't really make a difference to me....but I can't help but wonder what the delay in announcing the changes/updates is about :)

Same for me, it really doesn't make a difference; because I'm going either way.. But I am very curious............

Doesn't really make a difference to me....but I can't help but wonder what the delay in announcing the changes/updates is about :)

I Love the Liberty!

I have sailed her twice and both cruises were great. I think the Liberty has the prettiest decor of all the ships I have sailed and I do like the Conquest Class layout very much.

I posted a review here if you're interested

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1383621

Archived