Would you notice? Same Dress

OK..I know this is a silly question. But I want some opinions on it. I am trying to reduce the amount of luggage that I take since we have to fly. It is a 7 day cruise. I do like to dress up. But I don't have a lot of dresses..and I don't want to take too many. I have 3 that I love and don't take up much space so I am probably going to take all of them.

Anyway..here is the silly question. Do you think that you would notice if someone else wore the same dress multiple times on the same cruise?

OK..I know this is a silly question. But I want some opinions on it. I am trying to reduce the amount of luggage that I take since we have to fly. It is a 7 day cruise. I do like to dress up. But I don't have a lot of dresses..and I don't want to take too many. I have 3 that I love and don't take up much space so I am probably going to take all of them.

Anyway..here is the silly question. Do you think that you would notice if someone else wore the same dress multiple times on the same cruise?

No question is silly... well this might be close, with all due respect. Believe me, no one on CCL is going to notice that you previously worn a dress! I'm sure you'll look very nice the entire cruise, so just have fun.

Even if they do, does it matter because you probably won't see them again :p

I plan to do the same, but we have ATD so it's not a big deal. I think it's more awkward if you have assigned dining and see the same people every night but I rotated a couple of dresses on our first cruise and no one ever mentioned it or looked at me oddly.

Even if someone did notice, who the hell cares!!! After a few days you will most likely never see any of those people ever again! Would you rather risk an insane "overweight" luggage fee just to appease some strangers? No way! Just go and have fun and wear whatever you want!!:cool:

Shoot....you'll notice that most folks (even your tablemates!) don't really notice much about anyone but themselves....it seems folks wear blinders when on vacation. So, don't worry about the same dress or outfit...not a problem!

Even if someone did notice, who the hell cares!!! After a few days you will most likely never see any of those people ever again! Would you rather risk an insane "overweight" luggage fee just to appease some strangers? No way! Just go and have fun and wear whatever you want!!:cool:

Agreed!!!!

Depends if you are in fixed seating or will be with different people each night. Try a basic black with different bling and a couple of different scarves... dinner companions only see from the waist up anyway:)

That is a really good idea..1 is black..1 is red..and 1 is green. But I like the idea of the different scarves..I will have to borrow from my mom though..I don't have any..LOL.

HAHA..thanks..You are right..who the hell cares. Good..I feel better now..LOL. I just wanted other's opinions before I decided to do it.

If it was a really spectacular dress I might notice, but otherwise, probably not. I found the perfect travel dress a few years ago, it's reversible! and it has a matching sweater. 4 different ways to wear it. The sweater comes in handy for the shows when it's chilly in there.

Sewut

I agree with everyone else, who cares! I took 2 suits on our last cruise and I won't do it again. Simply too much space wasted, I'm a flyer also, for the benefit. Next time I'm just going with 1 suit and different color shirt and ties. And just for a male perspective... if the dress really serves a woman well I wouldn't care if she wore it everynight ;)

Relax and enjoy your cruise!

I would notice, but then, I will be doing the same thing. On our first cruise, there was a woman at our table who cruised a lot. She had one long black dress that she wore every formal night (4) with different chunky/crafty jewelry. If anyone would be so rude as to remark that you wore that before, just say 'Yes, it's my favorite, I wear it as often as possible'. EM

Excluding elegant evening what I wear evenings one night will be the next day's outfit. Then it might get switched out with a different top and the bottoms will be worn yet another day. I don't pack a lot. This cruise will be a wedding so my dress for the wedding will be fine enough for the elegant night. Double duty is a GOOD THING!

The fewer things you wear on board the fewer loads of laundry you'll be doing when you get home! :D

Hmmm...

I MIGHT notice, but I don't care...:D

As a guy the only way i would remember is if it was a really hot dress.:D

And then you'd be happy to see it a second time!

Seriously though, I'm hoping to pack light, as I believe are many people. Wearing the same thing a few times over the course of the cruise is not a big deal, unless of course, it makes you uncomfortable.

In the end, isn't it true that you dress to please yourself and not others?

Absolutely not! I think we women worry too much about that. I never notice if someone else is wearing the same dress again and as long as I feel good about myself, that's all that matters. I suppose though if someone was wearing something OUTRAGEOUS I might notice (and did on one of my latest cruises).

Archived