Breakfast on the Pearl before early tour

Deb in Cali

Our ship arranged Neets Bay Bear Watch tour for Ketchikan is at O dark thirty (06:30). I am really looking forward to this tour, but I will be an additional bear :eek: on the tour if I don't have some kind of breakfast prior to the tour.

So what is open at 5:30 AM for some coffee and something besides just pastries to put into my stomach?

It is likely that the Blue Lagoon will be open then...check when you board to learn more. Although advertised as a "24/7" restaurant, in fact, they do close down in the middle of the night to clean, etc for about an hour.

The buffet may have coffee and danish, but that is it.

Room service is definitely the best way to go, we did this before an early tour in Freeport (thought not THAT early!). Keep in mind that room service doesn't have any hot options for breakfast so if you want more than just pastries, it'll be things like fruit, cereal, and bagels.

• 3 weeks later...
Room service is definitely the best way to go, we did this before an early tour in Freeport (thought not THAT early!). Keep in mind that room service doesn't have any hot options for breakfast so if you want more than just pastries, it'll be things like fruit, cereal, and bagels.

Hi Spacepotatoes :p Love your user name.

From yet another source on this wonderful CC board of information - someone said you can write in omlette and they will deliver it along with your other items for breakfast. Did you ever try this?

The Blue Lagoon is a great option for early morning. They do close down sometime around 3am to clean, but they would be open for breakfast when you are ready.

As for sitting on the balcony as you come into port, bear in mind that this is AK. You might be a little too chilly to sit out there for very long. On the other hand you might have some fantastic weather and get a suntan.:D

Archived