Diamond Wine Package

Hello Everyone....I need help!!!!

I want to purchase the "Diamond Wine Package" for my wife but I need help to pick 5 white wines off that list...she prefers semi-dry to sweet wines.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/SampleWineMenu.pdf

You get this menu at dinner and you pick what you want each night. You do not pick at the time of booking.

So off of that list what wines would you pick???

The wine packages have only a portion of the wines available on board. If you don't see wines on that list that are what you are looking for, then it's best to just purchase the wines in single bottles, rather than purchasing the package.

So off of that list what wines would you pick???

From a value standpoint the White Blend, Conundrum

California was the best $53 per bottle of the wine list plus 15% gratuity and you come out way ahead. I did the same package and drank 1 bottle of the conundrum and 4 of the Spy Vally pinot noir all prices at $53. This would have cost me $304.75 without the package but be careful because unless you do your homework the package can be a looser!

The NZ Dashwood Sauv Blanc is a winner for me. Sweet it ain't!

Oh my gosh....Yummmsss!! :D Gotta love those Kiwi SBs!!! :D :D

Let us not forget Cloudy Bay! :) But I am guessing not available on our cruise??

But unfortunately the OP's DW would hate it if she likes sweet wines.

OP: Why don't you just ask her what she likes? If not....check out the recycle bin to see what she is drinking. Otherwise, I would suggest White Zinfandel.

Since your wife likes the sweeter wines, I recommend the Conundrum. As IceManCan said, it's also the best value on the package. We also like the Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc - it's a bit drier (my preference).

There's no point in getting the Diamond Package if you aren't going to limit yourself to the few wines that are only in that package. Do a search in this forum for "wine package (over) analysis" and you'll find woof22's extensive comparison of which wines are the best value compared to purchasing them by the bottle.

And try a few of the wines out before you sail - better to try them out at retail prices than to find out that you don't like them once you're onboard. :)

Archived