Alternative Lamanai tour guide

cruiser-sha

We are going on our first cruise in October, 2011 on Carnival. After having done the research, we set our minds on doing the Lamanai excursion through

Island Marketing, but they wrote me back saying that the tour is not available on that particular day. (October, 20). To be honest, I was very surprised by the answer, since I never imagined that the excursion might be unavailable. Has anyone experienced this before? And are there any other reliable companies that offer an excursion to Lamanai? Thank you.

I got the same response from Island Marketing for our visit on August 2nd. It seems if there are only 2 people you might be stuck with the Carnival tour to on of the other ruins. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you for the link. I have just checked it, but it says that I have to book for a minimum of 4 guests. There are only 2 of us. Any other suggestions?

Perhaps you can mention this on the roll call for your particular cruise and find another 2 people interested in this tour?

Ok, I seem to have no luck with the Lamanai Tour. I have contacted the ShoreExcursion Group, and a lady there told me that they don't offer ANY Lamanai Tours after October, 14. I mentioned that I know a person (you,Islandbear) who has already booked for November, but the lady still insisted there are no tour offered after October, 14.

Islandbear, what ship are you traveling on? And what are the times you are in Belize? My ship will be there from 8:00-5:00.

I don't understand why I am having such a difficulty.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, I seem to have no luck with the Lamanai Tour. I have contacted the ShoreExcursion Group, and a lady there told me that they don't offer ANY Lamanai Tours after October, 14. I mentioned that I know a person (you,Islandbear) who has already booked for November, but the lady still insisted there are no tour offered after October, 14.

Islandbear, what ship are you traveling on? And what are the times you are in Belize? My ship will be there from 8:00-5:00.

I don't understand why I am having such a difficulty.

I am on Carnival Legend Nov. 6th I will have to contact them and make sure we are set

• 3 weeks later...

So.....anybody book through island marketing? It says only 2 minimum is required for the tour....and it is only $75 but through belizeshoreexcursions it is $103. What would you do? Do you ride in the boat both ways? Or do you do one part boat and one part bus? Thanks.

Hi Vermonter 16!

I finally was able to book a tour to Lamanai yesterday :D!

Since I was traveling solo, it was a little harder to book this tour. All of the tours required a minimum number of people.

I finally booked with Island Marketing. They only required two people and I got an email that the tour was open for booking :D:D!

I will be there on September 7th and will do a full report on my tour.

Hi Vermonter 16!

Since I was traveling solo, it was a little harder to book this tour. All of the tours required a minimum number of people.

I finally booked with Island Marketing. They only required two people and I got an email that the tour was open for booking :D:D!

Cool! Thank you!

Hi Vermonter 16!

I too will look forward to your full report. Please include info in your report about tendering and the return to the port. I don't want to do this tour if all day everybody is stressed about getting back in time.

I too will look forward to your full report. Please include info in your report about tendering and the return to the port. I don't want to do this tour if all day everybody is stressed about getting back in time.

No problem!

• 3 weeks later...

How long is the excursion to Lamanai? And has anyone posted reviews for this excursion with any of the tour companies mentioned as part of a cruise critic ship review or in another thread? I'd consider booking Lamanai with Carnival but they don't offer a Lamanai excursion.

Archived