Elimination of the 5 PM Show?

I booked our February 2012 cruise on the Disney Dream this past February. At the time, I booked Main Dining and the 5 PM show. I even printed out the confirmation that says that. When I went in today to make a payment, the reservation said we were booked for Main Dining, 9 PM show. I called to ask, and the agent told me that the 5 PM show had been eliminated and that I should have received an e-mail from Disney, alerting me to the change.

I went back and looked/searched my inbox...no e-mail. I'm assuming she is correct. Can anyone confirm? I have 3 little ones that I know will not be awake for the 9 PM show, so I'm a little disappointed. :(

I booked our February 2012 cruise on the Disney Dream this past February. At the time, I booked Main Dining and the 5 PM show. I even printed out the confirmation that says that. When I went in today to make a payment, the reservation said we were booked for Main Dining, 9 PM show. I called to ask, and the agent told me that the 5 PM show had been eliminated and that I should have received an e-mail from Disney, alerting me to the change.

I went back and looked/searched my inbox...no e-mail. I'm assuming she is correct. Can anyone confirm? I have 3 little ones that I know will not be awake for the 9 PM show, so I'm a little disappointed. :(

Yes, they discovered that there wasn't a problem with passengers only have 2 shows available. I believe there is one of the shows that has a matinee showing, but I forget which one.

:)

We were booked for the early show like you and only found out about the change from the boards here. I did not ever receive an email. Nothing to do about it, but I really do not like it when a company changes things after they have taken my money.

We were booked for the early show like you and only found out about the change from the boards here. I did not ever receive an email. Nothing to do about it, but I really do not like it when a company changes things after they have taken my money.

Things like this are going to happen especially on a new ship. They're always experimenting, always trying to improve the guest experience.

It's not really an improvement when they don't notify booked guests of these changes. I book the Fantasy 10/2012 cruise on 2/19/11. I also had the early show with main dining. This has been changed and I now have the late show. I am coming from the W Coast with two young children. No way are they going to be up at 9:00, really midnight to them. I didn't know about these change until reading this post. I am so mad!!! Ready to cancel the cruise. This was the main reason for chosing Disney, so we could all go to the wonderful shows that I have heard so much about.

It's not really an improvement when they don't notify booked guests of these changes. I book the Fantasy 10/2012 cruise on 2/19/11. I also had the early show with main dining. This has been changed and I now have the late show. I am coming from the W Coast with two young children. No way are they going to be up at 9:00, really midnight to them. I didn't know about these change until reading this post. I am so mad!!! Ready to cancel the cruise. This was the main reason for chosing Disney, so we could all go to the wonderful shows that I have heard so much about.

As a west coaster coming east, 9:00 eastern will actually be 6:00 pacific. So maybe it won't be so bad for your kids. :)

As a west coaster coming east, 9:00 eastern will actually be 6:00 pacific. So maybe it won't be so bad for your kids. :)

Agreed! Early dining if you're coming from the west coast would be like eating in the middle of the afternoon!

They have free coffee up on the pool deck. Bring your own sippy cup. :D

Doggone it! I thought I had booked the perfect scenario for my 5 young grandkids with Main Dining and the 5 pm show. I just checked and we've also been switched to the 9 pm show. I guess I need to rethink my strategy...

Does anyone remember what actual time Main and Late Dining are?

Doggone it! I thought I had booked the perfect scenario for my 5 young grandkids with Main Dining and the 5 pm show. I just checked and we've also been switched to the 9 pm show. I guess I need to rethink my strategy...

Does anyone remember what actual time Main and Late Dining are?

On the Disney Wonder and the Disney Magic, the Main Seating is at 5:45 p.m.; the Second seating is at 8:15 p.m.

On the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, the Main Seating is at 6:00 p.m.; the Second seating is at 8:30 p.m.

Try to get them to nap for even half an hour before dinner and they will probably be fine for the show.

PS--My friend has two Danes--great dogs except when both want to sleep in bed with you when you're visiting :D

Thanks for the replys regarding coming from the W Coast. I don't know how I totally confused myself. Maybe, because our last cruise was the Mexican Riviera and even early dinner was a little late for our then 1 yo dd, who was used to being in bed for the night by 7:00?? I feel like such a dork!! Thanks for helping me out. I already feel the anxiery going away, lol!

I actually ended up switching to early show, late dinner. I figured if the girls are hungry we can eat at the buffet, then go to the show. I seriosly was ready to cancel the cruise and rebook when we could have dinner/show that worked better. Then after looking at the offered times neither of them were exactly what I was looking for. It's just annoying when things are changed and nobody informs people. I guess another thing that was frustrating to me was that a 5:00 show still shows up on the website, but then if you try to click on it it appears that it is full, when actually it's not really offered anymore. So my first thought was that I had been bumped from one time to another and now my desired time was taken by other people that booked after me. I like to have a plan, and we're spending a lot of money on this cruise so I'm hoping it's worth the wait and the money. Otherwise, we'd just take a cruise this year and next on a less expensive cuiseline.

I promise I'm not the type of person that complains on the cruise. We always make the best of our vacations and always end up having fun no matter what.

I think you'll have a great time!

PS--when we travel to the west coast we often get the "early Bird Dinner Discount" because we're ready to eat with the senior citizens at 4:00pm for the first couple of days until we get adjusted to Pacific Time. :D

I think you'll have a great time!

PS--when we travel to the west coast we often get the "early Bird Dinner Discount" because we're ready to eat with the senior citizens at 4:00pm for the first couple of days until we get adjusted to Pacific Time. :D

that's too funny!

We also had main dining early show never received anything from Disney saying otherwise (I haven't heard from them since I booked in feb). The show time makes no difference to me I would have preferred an early show but it's the dining time that matters I still want the main dining so I'll take whatever show comes with it

keep the kids on west coast time

we lived in San Fran but flew (back) to FL for a DCL keeping the kids on west coast time. they could stay up "late" and "slept in" . . . .

Thanks for the replys regarding coming from the W Coast. I don't know how I totally confused myself. Maybe, because our last cruise was the Mexican Riviera and even early dinner was a little late for our then 1 yo dd, who was used to being in bed for the night by 7:00?? I feel like such a dork!! Thanks for helping me out. I already feel the anxiery going away, lol!

I actually ended up switching to early show, late dinner. I figured if the girls are hungry we can eat at the buffet, then go to the show. I seriosly was ready to cancel the cruise and rebook when we could have dinner/show that worked better. Then after looking at the offered times neither of them were exactly what I was looking for. It's just annoying when things are changed and nobody informs people. I guess another thing that was frustrating to me was that a 5:00 show still shows up on the website, but then if you try to click on it it appears that it is full, when actually it's not really offered anymore. So my first thought was that I had been bumped from one time to another and now my desired time was taken by other people that booked after me. I like to have a plan, and we're spending a lot of money on this cruise so I'm hoping it's worth the wait and the money. Otherwise, we'd just take a cruise this year and next on a less expensive cuiseline.

I promise I'm not the type of person that complains on the cruise. We always make the best of our vacations and always end up having fun no matter what.

On the Disney Wonder and the Disney Magic, the Main Seating is at 5:45 p.m.; the Second seating is at 8:15 p.m.

On the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, the Main Seating is at 6:00 p.m.; the Second seating is at 8:30 p.m.

Try to get them to nap for even half an hour before dinner and they will probably be fine for the show.

PS--My friend has two Danes--great dogs except when both want to sleep in bed with you when you're visiting :D

Thanks Ducklite! Usually I need that pre-dinner nap as much as they do!!

Yeah, Danes are "cuddly" giants. Mine gets on the bed and sleeps with his feet against my side. Then he has dreams where he's running and his feet start twitching and push me over the edge. No wonder I need those naps on my cruises. :rolleyes:

Archived