Toiletries on board the Fascination?

Csnorrco

Fascination Question: We are Starting to pack...and trying to get away with just a carry-on...my question: what toiletries are provided in the stateroom? I think I read somewhere that they provide shampoo and body wash....is that correct? Anything else? If I don't have to bring it----I won't!! Thanks!

Yes that is correct. There is body wash and shampoo in the shower and a bar of soap by the sink. There are also sample sizes of toothpaste, and a razor and other things. Sometimes there is small bottles of lotion and other shower gel with the other samples.

DSCF0135.jpg

Great! Do they replenish the toothpaste samples,etc everyday? Or is that just a one-time thing? Is the razor a sure thing? Do they always provide razors---or is that a maybe? If it is....do they just leave one per stateroom...or one per person? Thanks!

Great! Do they replenish the toothpaste samples,etc everyday? Or is that just a one-time thing? Is the razor a sure thing? Do they always provide razors---or is that a maybe? If it is....do they just leave one per stateroom...or one per person? Thanks!

Remember you might not get toothpaste.. bring your own .. and conditioner. Most women want their own shampoo, depends on if you have longer hair that dries out easily.

Only the body wash, bar of soap and shampoo are a sure thing, the rest vary. Iv even seen anti acids and romance novels in the samples.. samples are just that. samples of products that carnival gives to you to try.

Am I the only one that remembers receiving " just for men " :eek:

Or were they just giving that to me :D

And please don't forget to bring your deodorant ;)

The last minute Ecstasy cruise to nowhere, guess who forgot theirs (among other things, I packed in 10 minutes).

Secret was over $8, closer to $9 :eek: .. and on cruises to nowhere you are charged tax in the duty free shops... because you dont go thru customs. Even Steve, a very experienced CD didnt know the rules. I finally talked to enough people it was explained why tax in one shop, but not for photos because they came from another shop.

I agree that if you have finicky hair --or hair that dries out quickly- that stuff they have onboard turned me into one fried match stick.

I forgot my own shampoo/conditioner one cruise-- NEVER will I do that again.

(have you considered stopping at a store in the ships port and getting travel size liquids of what you need?

I would never rely whats in the basket-- its not the same all the time.

We are arriving on a Sunday evening and are not renting a car, so it may be hard to get to a store. Does anyone know if there is a store that sells toiletries within waking distance of the Springhill Suites in Jacksonville that would be open on a Sunday night? That would make my packing so much easier!

We are arriving on a Sunday evening and are not renting a car, so it may be hard to get to a store. Does anyone know if there is a store that sells toiletries within waking distance of the Springhill Suites in Jacksonville that would be open on a Sunday night? That would make my packing so much easier!

Each person can bring on a flight the sample sizes of most of the things you would use. I did take some apricot scrub out of the container and put it in something else.

Is there a reason you are not taking what you need.

Bo, I would have liked to exit the shops without buying deoderant, but thought it might be unkind to my fellow pax.

how are you getting to the port? ask the driver to stop at a store?

We always get toothpaste and a razor. Never got face wipes.

I just use their shampoo and bring conditioner.

It was lavender ponds face wipes. A friend of mine who sailed with us fell in love with them and get's them now.

how are you getting to the port? ask the driver to stop at a store?

We are taking the hotel shuttle from the airport...I'm not sure if they will stop....especially if there are other people on board! and the hotel also has a shuttle to the port...again--not sure if they will make stops, but I guess we can ask!

Each person can bring on a flight the sample sizes of most of the things you would use. I did take some apricot scrub out of the container and put it in something else.

Is there a reason you are not taking what you need.

Bo, I would have liked to exit the shops without buying deoderant, but thought it might be unkind to my fellow pax.

I am bringing small containers of things we need...but I want to find out if there are things we don't HAVE to bring, if they are already provided!! Trying to just have a carry-on...and NO checked bags, if possible! :)

I am bringing small containers of things we need...but I want to find out if there are things we don't HAVE to bring, if they are already provided!! Trying to just have a carry-on...and NO checked bags, if possible! :)

The only thing guaranteed to be in the cabin is the body wash and shampoo in the shower. Anything else is a crap shoot. So, if there is something you MUST have or if you are even slightly picky about what goes on your body or in your hair, bring your own.

And, same thing for hair dryers. Yes, most ships have them but if you are at all picky, then bring your own. If you aren't picky and can manage even if the hair dryer doesn't work (or you can wear your hair without blow drying), then leave the hair dryer at home.

P.S. I am just picky enough that I ALWAYS take my own toiletries and hair dryer when I travel, no matter where. I can survive using something else but may be grumpy.

Archived