When was your first cruise?

crusing_guy

Our first cruise was on the Destiny in 1999 when she was first in Miami. We went to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix.

When we got married in 1979, we talked about either doing a cruise or flying to Hawaii. We said we'd do the Hawaii for our honeymoon, then for our twenty-fifth anniversary, we'd do the cruise.

Twenty years later, we were invited to go on a cruise from a friend of DW's, with a group that we had never met before. We decided to give it a try. During the cruise, we found out that some of the group were related to me but I had never met them before. Small world.

Six years later, we went on our fourth cruise for our Twenty-fifth anniversary.

1978 to Bermuda. I was sea sick the whole time and swore off cruising. In 2007 we decided to try again to celebrate dh's birthday. Went to the doc and got the patch. It worked! Since then we've been to the Bahamas, Alaska and the British Isles. Next cruise is April 21, 2012 on the Dream with 10 0f our closest friends.

2003 or 2004, I don't recall, on Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas wiith my family. That hooked me... but more so, the 2008 NCL Dawn cruise that I went on with my girlfriend was what made us hardcore cruisers;):D (Even though that was the famous 2008 NCL Mothers day Cruise:()

Archived