When was your first cruise?

crusing_guy

I should probably correct my previous post :( My first "cruise" was actually in 1957 when we sailed from Liverpool to Montreal, Canada on the Empress of England.. I was 7 1/2 years old but still remember quite a few things about the ship. It took 7 days to cross the Atlantic. :eek:

1998 on the Carnival Destiny. Been on 13 more since then. We had booked this cruise over a year in advance and it turned out to be worth the wait. It helped that John Heald was the cruise director. The whole thing was so fun- I had no idea before I went that this kind of vacation was possible.

Problem: I still haven't booked this year's cruise...

Cruising was on my "dream" list. :p

I second this one! New York, Cruising and Hawaii. 2 Down and 1 to go (Hawaii) :D

Always wanted to go on the Love Boat as a little kid but didn't realize "regular people" could actually do that. After all, all those famous people were on there every week LOL.

My first cruise was a girls/co-workers cruise in 2001, and 3 of us were newbies and one wasn't. This turned out to be the most expensive one, we went to Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Lucia and we used Carnival's air connection. Somehow, I ended up making all the plans before I even discoverd this site. We ended up going to a cruise show and the rest is history. So, needless to say my sister tells me . . . "You know u like doing that sort of trip planning. I get to do the land one's too:D:D

1st cruise on the Conquest all the way back in 2007 to the western Caribbean, and like everyone else, DW and I have been hooked. Took the 2nd back in October last year and trying to figure out the details to book another for next year!

My first cruise was with my Mom in 1947....I was 20 months old. We left San Francisco, stopped in Honolulu and arrived on Guam about 10 days later.

My Dad was in the U.S. Navy. We lived there a year.

On the trip over....we were hit by a typhoon and had to be tied down in our bunks...!!

Jan 2005 onboard the Valor, Western Caribbean

to celebrate my hubby and my 25th Anniversary, I told him I didn't care what we did as long as we did some thing special, I left it up to him, he booked our first cruise, we've done 1 a yr since then, other than 2009, when we sent our daughter and sil on 1 for their honeymoon

I love to cruise, best way to spend your vacation!!!!

I was 19, SS Royale, 3 night Bahamas out of port Canaveral in 1988, saved for it for months.. I thought it was the most amazing/elegant thing I had ever done, LOVED it. Didn't cruise again for 10 years but I never forgot how wonderful it was. Things have changed for better & for worse over the years, but its still my favorite kind of vaycay hands down:p

PS- The SS Royale sank in Sept 1990 under suspicious circumstances. She was repositioning as I recall & had only crew aboard.

Early June, 1992 aboard the Mega Liner (of that era) Carnival Ecstasy. It was our Honeymoon Cruise and John Heald ( a much slimmer version) was the Cruise Director. We paid over $1500 for the two of us in an inside cabin, which as we look back on it was extremely expensive for 19 Yrs ago. Obviously we grew to become more knowledgeable since then and have paid considerably less as the years have gone by. We just completed our Milestone Cruise (25) on Carnival in March this year.

My first cruise was in 1977....It was a senior class trip from high school. We left out of New Orleans on a ship called the Kazakhstan. It was a Russian cruise ship and from what I remember most of the crew were Russians. Just trying to see who else has cruised such a long time ago.

November of 2002 - RCCL - Rhapsody of the Seas - Key West, Belize, and Cozumel on a 7 day. I was hooked!

Nordic Empress when she was newer in 1991 for our 1st wedding anniversary/belated honeymoon. $1800 for 2 in an outside obstructed view cabin with air for 4 night Bahamas. Wow have things changed. Now coming up on our 21st wedding anniversary and 28th cruise. I have to admit though the Gala Buffet was a Gala Buffet! Also service and food was impecable. Very glad we were able to sail back then and blessed to have 27 more cruises.

WOW - 1947, 1957 and 1958 - that is incredible and I would have loved to see what it was like back then!!!

Around 1982 on a French ship of the Pacquet Line. Ship was being transitioned from Miami to Vancouver and we, my then wife and I, took the 4 day from Los Angeles to Vancouver.

LA Sheriff's Dept boarded the ship and arrested the band in LA. So, we left LA late with NO BAND.:eek: Seas were rough on this beatup teeny tiny French ship, which broke down half way to Vancouver. :eek: Pacquet didn't make up front payments for bus reservations on the "excursion" to Vancouver Island, so many didn't get to spend the day at the Buschart Gardens as planned (20 minutes ! ! ):eek:

A total disaster, but when asked why our travel agent would send us on this cruise, she replied, "It was your first cruise, you'd have nothing to compare it to". My wife fired her on the spot.:)

The food was to die for, however. Best food ever on a cruise ship.

Archived