I think I made a mistake...

wendysue44

Has anyone stayed in cabin M236 on the Ecstasy? It is all the way aft on the port side. I thought there were cabins underneath when I booked, but looking at a better picture, I see there is not. Will there be a lot of motor noise and vibration? Should I switch our cabin?:confused:

Has anyone stayed in cabin M236 on the Ecstasy? It is all the way aft on the port side. I thought there were cabins underneath when I booked, but looking at a better picture, I see there is not. Will there be a lot of motor noise and vibration? Should I switch our cabin?:confused:

Looking at the drag it decks on cruisedeckplans dot com, she looks to be above R242 with R246 to the aft of it. The drag it decks might be off though....

I was in M248 on Imagination which is the same class ship. I was the second cabin from the end. It wasn't particularly noisy, but there was a lot of vibration. I personally wouldn't book back there again. The continual vibration started to bug me a bit. :eek: YMMV

Ugh....we're booked for R248 on the Fascination, leaving in a week. It was a last minute Pack and Go deal, OV guaranteed room. I knew there was gonna be some vibration, especially when we pull out of port but didn't think it was going to be constant....... :eek:

Riviera deck(all cabins) is below Main so you should be fine. If you booked early saver you'll have to pay a penalty if you change. I looked at the deck plans, looks like you'll be fine.:)

Not true. You can change cabins on ES with no penalty. You just can't go down in category.

We were in U237, opposite side of the ship and one deck up, and we absolutely loved it. You are the last cabin, so you not only see out straight from your balcony, but you also can see the wake behind the ship. You will have people only on one side of you, there is just a big open area on the other side of your divider between your balcony and where the aft balconies start (would be an aft wrap balcony if the ship had been originally built with balconies). We never felt enough vibration or noise to bother us, and we had some fairly rough seas. I personally would book that cabin in a heartbeat, but everyone is different.

Some people pay extra for vibrating hotel beds! :eek:

The vibration doesn't bother some people and others are bothered by it. If you are worried that you might not enjoy it then you should call and see about changing cabins.

i was in U236 on the inspriation (very aft) never a noise or vibration problem. we felt the vibrations while pulling in and out of port but that was it. i like the vibration...puts me to sleep. but i saw the deck plans and looks like you have people below you...i would think you would be fine. but if it wouldnt cost you much or anything at all...move if your worried about it

If you booked early saver you'll have to pay a penalty if you change.
Incorrect. You just cannot downgrade.

M236 is directly above cabins on Riviera Deck. You should be fine with the location. Plus there will be little traffic in the hallways.

• 1 year later...
Thank you for all the responses. I have decided to stay in M256. I do really like the location!

Thanks again!!!!:)

hi wendysue44

Can you tell me how you liked M256? I'm booked in that room but midship is also available for the same price. I'm teetering back and forth between the two options. Any advice would be appreciated.

Wendysue: Ships engines are midships not aft.Under the following will you feel vibration in the after part of the ship; when getting underway you will feel vibration until ship gets up to speed. if ship is in shallow water(even at sea) you will feel vibration if ship is running close to full speed; when manuvering into a dock or anchorage when propellers go astern,you will feel vibration.If ship runs at maximum speed you might feel a little vibration. you'll get used to it Enjoy your cruise.

Archived