White Hot Party???

The White Hot Party is MY party! :D

Ha ha... just kidding with you but it's my favorite club night of the cruise.

Essentially everyone wears white attire. Some get more creative with it then others but the suggest attire is white. The nightclub will host the event and basically at some point during the earlier part of the event the White Hot Angel dancers will come out and perform a number before the dance floor opens up to everyone else again. There are drink specials served in glasses that have lights in the bottom of them which are souveneirs. The music of the night is usually more beats per minute than normal but with the regular line dance songs thrown in too like Electric Slide. After the dancers do their schtick... usually it becomes more house music. :)

That is the White Hot Party! Enjoy!!

The White Hot Party is MY party! :D

Ha ha... just kidding with you but it's my favorite club night of the cruise.

Essentially everyone wears white attire. Some get more creative with it then others but the suggest attire is white. The nightclub will host the event and basically at some point during the earlier part of the event the White Hot Angel dancers will come out and perform a number before the dance floor opens up to everyone else again. There are drink specials served in glasses that have lights in the bottom of them which are souveneirs. The music of the night is usually more beats per minute than normal but with the regular line dance songs thrown in too like Electric Slide. After the dancers do their schtick... usually it becomes more house music. :)

That is the White Hot Party! Enjoy!!

Don't forget the blacklights and the ice shavings in front of the fan to make it look like it's snowing. They'll hold it on the pool deck sometimes, too.

Don't forget the blacklights and the ice shavings in front of the fan to make it look like it's snowing. They'll hold it on the pool deck sometimes, too.

I actually prefer they don't hold it on the pool deck. It ruins the overall experience of it. The blacklights are what makes the white glow. :D That's why you wear white. The whole concept doesn't work well if you wear black! :eek: As for the snow, I don't think I've ever experienced that on the NCL ships before. It must be on the newer Jewel class ships (Pearl, Gem, Jade) but not on the Jewel itself. Either way, I just wish they'd get some lasers in the nightclub. That'd be AWESOME! Probably not going to happen but I can dream though... I'd love them to add it to Spice H2O!

Wow, they never did this for our white hot party last year on the Epic! :(

I remember when I ask this question before...the reply I got from someone was....

"It's where everyone dresses up with a white sheet over their head like a ghost" :confused: I was really confused for awhile until everyone else started saying different funny things...then I knew it was a joke.

I LOVE the white hot party! :D

The party reminded me of the old college parties held in a room with blacklights... very 80's-ish. Also the social director and staff were dressed and acted like it was a combo Vanilla Ice/WHAM reunion tour.

Since my spouse and I lived through that experience already... we engaged in another tradition and after one drink we hit the all-night diner...AKA..the blue lagoon. MMMM chicken wings....:rolleyes:

Wow, they never did this for our white hot party last year on the Epic! :(

I remember when I ask this question before...the reply I got from someone was....

"It's where everyone dresses up with a white sheet over their head like a ghost" :confused: I was really confused for awhile until everyone else started saying different funny things...then I knew it was a joke.

I LOVE the white hot party! :D

That’s too funny. NCL on most ships has a separate TOGA party where they do give out sheets to wear and they get you setup in the toga. That’s a ton of fun too. I don’t recall that being done on the EPIC though but on the smaller ships it has been done (Spirit and Jewel). The housekeeping dept doesn’t like us very much after that but eh, it’s all good fun!

The White Hot Party is fun because you can get creative with your white. Accessorizing makes the experience so much more fun. I don’t know about packing angel wings but I do have fun with it! The music has to be right though or else it’s just a bore! Usually NCL gets it right (except in January with the Celebrity DJ who was clueless). The EPIC’s White Hot Party was OFF THE HOOK! Best one EVER!! (And it was at Spice!)

The party reminded me of the old college parties held in a room with blacklights... very 80's-ish. Also the social director and staff were dressed and acted like it was a combo Vanilla Ice/WHAM reunion tour.

Since my spouse and I lived through that experience already... we engaged in another tradition and after one drink we hit the all-night diner...AKA..the blue lagoon. MMMM chicken wings....:rolleyes:

WHP is not for everyone but you hit up the place I go to after the disco closes… thank goodness for Blue Lagoon in the 3-4AM hours. It’s the best greasy food EVER at that hour!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like fun. We will have our three kids with us, age 9, 9 and 11 and they aren't so sure that they want to do any of the kids club stuff so I will have to wait and see if we will be able enjoy this party.

My experience from the Gem is that there are 2 WHP. One for families and another for adults only.

The Epic had it in the outdoor club on the back of the ship and had foam coming out of machines so that it looked like it was snowing....good times!

What night do they usually have the WHP?

From what I understand, they hold them 2 nights before you depart. Apparently holding them the night before disembarkation didnt work out so well due to tired/hung over guests.... ;)

• 10 months later...

I k ow this is an old thread but on our recent Dawn cruise the black lights weren't on at the WHP. Maybe one near the entrance? We were all in white, our group alone had 10 people, but no one was glowing. It was a little disappointing but still fun. All the times in the past we glowed! The blinky cups really add to the experience.

The family white hot party is till 10 I think then the adult party starts in a different venue, although I have to say family party was a little racy at times lol. It is on all ships I had a blast, had to go home and shower after I sweated (is that a word)? lots of fun glow sticks and the crew wore wings of feathers

Archived