re: specialty restuarant dinners

inforem

I thought I read in the Celebrity book that suite guest receive one complimentary speciality dinner per 7 night cruise. Is this true?

Suite guests on the Solstice-Class [solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse to date] ships receive one complimentary dinner [never heard of more than one; could be] in a specialty restaurant... But that benefit is not offered to suite guests who sail on Century or one of the Millennium-Class ships [Constellation, Infinity, Millennium and Summit]...

So it depends upon which ship you're sailing...

The others are correct that this perk is for S-Class only. The second free dinner is for any sailing of eight (8) nights or longer.

We were offered a complimentary dinner in the Olympic the first night of our 15 day Millenium Panama Canal cruise in April - just had to pay the recommended $5 gratuity which we added to of course because the service and food was so good!

We sailed a 4 night 5 night back to back on the Century last year in the Royal Suite and we were given a free dinner in the specialty dining. It even included our 3 children who were staying across the hall in an inside.

We were offered a complimentary dinner in the Olympic the first night of our 15 day Millenium Panama Canal cruise in April - just had to pay the recommended $5 gratuity which we added to of course because the service and food was so good!

On M-Class this perk is sometimes extended on the first night (depends how many pre-bookings occurred), but is not a guaranteed perk like on S-Class. Also on S-Class it is any night of your choosing and any restaurant of your choosing.

Not fair to those not sailing on ships that do have this offered..and why I shall not book on those ships that do not offer that either!!

We don't even get offered 1/2 price first nite in the specialty restaurant...and I for one anyway, as a perk to offset it, believe we shld be!! Of course, if we all refused to sail in those ships that don't offer it, they wld soon offer it or perhaps the 'perk I suggested hmmm?

Then again, if folks complained---who knows what wld transpire but if no complaints - no change!

Just my opinion of course!!

Not fair to those not sailing on ships that do have this offered..and why I shall not book on those ships that do not offer that either!!

We don't even get offered 1/2 price first nite in the specialty restaurant...and I for one anyway, as a perk to offset it, believe we shld be!! Of course, if we all refused to sail in those ships that don't offer it, they wld soon offer it or perhaps the 'perk I suggested hmmm?

Then again, if folks complained---who knows what wld transpire but if no complaints - no change!

You would not sail on a ship because of not receiving a perk worth about $50 to $60? :eek:

That would never even remotely factor into my decision on what cruise to book. I have a suite booked on Millie this upcoming February and have no intentions on complaining or sulking about not receiving a perk, but plan to enjoy all the perks I do receive.

It's all about "supply & demand". Depending on the advance bookings and customer mix/wishes, they make "adjustments" as needed. With the price margin cuts, fuel costs, exchange rates and over-supply of ships in Europe and other places, they must "work at it" in trying to fill spaces, increase revenue, get you there hoping to make more money on beverages, etc. Those factors will vary from cruise to cruise, ship to ship, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now over 14,700 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2011, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now over 44,780 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate those who have “tuned in” for these two posts. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest.

We just sailed the Millennium Jun 17-24 and were honored to receive the comp to the Olympic on our first night. Even though it was not formal night, we dressed in our finest. I should add that we were in a suite though.

You would not sail on a ship because of not receiving a perk worth about $50 to $60? :eek:

That would never even remotely factor into my decision on what cruise to book. I have a suite booked on Millie this upcoming February and have no intentions on complaining or sulking about not receiving a perk, but plan to enjoy all the perks I do receive.

And I respect your right to choose, wish u wld offer me the same courtesy..w/o the barely 'veiled' inference that I am complaining or sulking...but I take it from whence it comes anyway!! :/

What I do has no bearing on what u do...

Enjoy your perks..as I shall enjoy mine also where I choose!

I just booked (and paid for) all 7 nights in specialty restaurants yesterday for our Eclipse sailing in January. This thread reminded me of the perk we received on the Solstice last year.

... so ... since I have already paid for all nights, does anyone know how I might be able to take advantage of this offer?

THANKS!

Tom

Just curious, we're booked into an FV room next month on the Solstice and have not heard of this perk. Does an FV room qualify as a suite, and if so, how does one go about availing themselves of this perk? It's a 12 night cruise, so do suite guest get two nights?

Just curious, we're booked into an FV room next month on the Solstice and have not heard of this perk. Does an FV room qualify as a suite, and if so, how does one go about availing themselves of this perk? It's a 12 night cruise, so do suite guest get two nights?

I checked at Celebrity.com, and it does not appear that an FV is a suite. So it won't qualify for a suite perk.

Tom

One more question, where did you find this information? I can't seem to locate it in the on-line section. Obviously I'm not looking in the right place.:o

Searching for that gave me the email address I'll need to make the inquiry for my question.

HERE is the link, and a summary from that page:

faq_answers_hdr.gif

spacer.gif

How do suite guests on Solstice-class ships receive their complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations?

Subject: Specialty Dining

As an added benefit, all Solstice-class suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest Restaurant, and/or Qsine. Suite guests on all Solstice-class ships receive 1 complimentary dining reservation per suite for cruises of seven nights or less, and 2 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of eight nights or longer.

At this time, we are not able to accept complimentary reservations on-line. In order to place your complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations, please call 1-800-722-5941, or email SpecialtyRestaurant@celebrity.com

Tom

I checked at Celebrity.com, and it does not appear that an FV is a suite. So it won't qualify for a suite perk.

Tom

Thanks Tom, unfortunately you are correct.:( I called Celebrity just in case, and it is not a suite. Bummer.

Suite guests on the Solstice-Class [solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse to date] ships receive one complimentary dinner [never heard of more than one; could be] in a specialty restaurant... But that benefit is not offered to suite guests who sail on Century or one of the Millennium-Class ships [Constellation, Infinity, Millennium and Summit]...

So it depends upon which ship you're sailing...

We sailed the Infinity through the Panama Canal from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco in April 2009, and we were booked in a Sky Suite and did have a complimentary dinner at the SS United States. We had to use either the first or second night of the cruise. But it was offered to us on a M-Class ship.

And I respect your right to choose, wish u wld offer me the same courtesy..w/o the barely 'veiled' inference that I am complaining or sulking...but I take it from whence it comes anyway!! :/

What I do has no bearing on what u do...

Um, so you weren't complaining in your original post?

It certainly seems to me that you were complaining, and encouraging others to complain as well. And while I may not agree with your argument, making a complaint is not a bad thing, I just don't understand why you'd be surprised at someone inferring that you were complaining.

Archived