free tour of ship

I thought that I read in another post about a free tour of the ship, but I searched and can't seem to find that post. I know there is a tour that is $55-95 pp, but I thought another one was mentioned. I was wondering what this includes, when it is typically offerred, and if it's available on the Valor. Thanks!

its been a while, but i remember my first cruise on the miracle in 2009 had a free tour of the galley and theater area. They didn't had that on my 2nd cruise last year. Wonder if they only do it on miracle related ships or they stopped doing due to the costly tour

So it sounds like there are no more free galley tours?:(

I believe they only offer this for Platinum now... its usually a small group of 15-20 persons so it may not last forever. They list instructions in the Welcome Aboard letter all Platinum Guests receive

There was a free galley tour on the Miracle last month. I was surprised since this was not offered on the last few cruises I have taken.

Ok thanks! I will hang on to a shred of hope lol Can you tell we enjoy the galley tours?

The galley tours are often the last sea day around 10am.

There were maybe 100 people on the one on Carnival Magic and I know many were not platinum.

DSC_0079.JPG

as it turns out, this one was on the first sea day. You can always ask at Guest Services when it will be.

There are Spa tours on embarkation day.

I would ask one of the Carnival employees standing around in the Lobby about other embarkation day tours. I've seen various ones waliking around including Lido deck. Not at all a behind the scenes type tour, really just an orientation.

I went on a galley tour on the Spirit in March and I am not Platinum. I think it was the last sea day. It was really neat, but it was quick (and free!)

Yep , offered free to platinum , Your in and out within fifteen minutes flat !!:rolleyes:

I went on a galley tour on the Spirit in March and I am not Platinum. I think it was the last sea day. It was really neat, but it was quick (and free!)

Well now , thats a good thing ;) . Good for you icon14.gif.

On the Miracle, there was a galley tour for platinum guests. It was stated in my letter that only platinum guests get. I decided at the last second to go. Since my folks didn't know I was going, they went to the one that was offered to the whole ship. Too bad they didn't come with me. Theirs had probably over 100 people, while the platinum one had about 15.

We went on the free ship tour on the Elation back in 2005 with Big Sexy (Josh). He just showed us around the ship, which was something we could've done on our own just as easily. But it was nice getting to talk with Josh. It was in that first afternoon before lifeboat drill. I haven't noticed it on any other cruise, but I haven't really been looking for it. I'm usually riding the waterslides at that time.:)

I thought that I read in another post about a free tour of the ship, but I searched and can't seem to find that post. I know there is a tour that is $55-95 pp, but I thought another one was mentioned. I was wondering what this includes, when it is typically offerred, and if it's available on the Valor. Thanks!

On some ships, there is a "get to know the ship" 45 minute tour of the public areas at about 3 on embark day. The 1 time I was going to do this, there was about 200 people following 1 girl (with a soft voice ) trying to lead everyone around the ship. :eek: I decided to explore the ship on my own.

that may be the only difference then---lol

I ws thinking of paying for the ships behind the scenes tour

The Behind the Fun tour includes more than just the galley. Besides visiting the galley, we visited the backstage area of the main lounge, laundry room, engine control room, etc. My family did this tour on the Freedom last year and loved it.

They call it a Platinum tour, but no proof of being Platinum is required - all who show up are welcome.

The past couple of times that I took the Platinum galley tour, the Asst. Maitre d' did have a list of people taking the tour and asked kind of took roll of who was there and who wasn't.

Archived