QVC - Bare Escentuals 3/23

Jane110

• 1 year later...

I use and really love BE products. My daughter and a few of her friends also use it and daughter has found she has fewer skin flair ups. In January I am going on the QVC cruise and hope BE has a workshop.. I hope that will help me perfect my technique.

The first time I used Bare Minerals I made the mistake of using too much. It can, regardless of what the chick with the lisp who "invented" the stuff drones on and on about on her info-mercials says, look "cakey." As another poster said, I also find the stuff does better on my skin in the summer because the mineral foundation and the mineral veil on top is too much "powder" on dry skin in the winter... when I use Lancome and LOVE it.

As an aside: Have you all tried or at least smelled the Bare Escentuals perfume? Yummmmmmmm.

Another BE user here. Like Jane and others, I do not like the way it looks under my eyes. Since I do not need to cover circles or puffiness (yet), I do not apply BE in the eye area. I use a little bisque on the inside corners of my eyes, next to my nose and that hides the slight darkness there. The medium 3.0 is a perfect match for my skin, so there is no noticable line from not using it under my eyes. Also, I do not use Mineral Veil- it does not have the translucent effect it is suppose to have and leaves my skin looking chalky and feeling dry. I use a neutral Clinique loose powder which I like much better. I find that my BE make-up lasts all day with minimal or no touch-ups required. With liquid foundation, particularily in warm weather, it would slide down my face by noon.

I used to sit thru those 2-3 hour BE shows on QVC-now that I am familar with the porducts and the techniques, I buy them at Sephora or Ulta where I can see/try what I am getting before I buy it. The shows rarely have anything new, just the same colors packaged differently. The ladies on the BE board would disagree with me about that, but I am not listening to these women who feel the need to explain in great detail how BE has changed their life-sometimes it is TMI. I image, when they are off the air, that Leslie (the chick with the lisp) and the hosts must just roll on the floor with laugher about some of these calls.

I found at Sephora a product by Philosophy called Airbrush Foundation or something like that. It's a powder foundation but it has a built-in pad type thing. I like it much better than BE. Doesn't seem to enlarge pores, and it's not at all messy.

I found at Sephora a product by Philosophy called Airbrush Foundation or something like that. It's a powder foundation but it has a built-in pad type thing. I like it much better than BE. Doesn't seem to enlarge pores, and it's not at all messy.

Thanks Esther,

Is this it?

http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/product_10001_10001_-1_39044_23506_23506

The call is "Supernatural Foundation".

Jane, that's it. Sephora also has replacement puffy things that fit in the lid. For the life of me, my brain has froze and I can't think of what they're called. Anyway, this stuff is great.

Esther

I went to Drugstore.com and read the consumer reviews. Most people really like this product alot, including people who didn't like the Bare Essentails. Also, many people who liked the BE, liked this applicator better.

The only negative was the lack of color choices and a couple of people with very light skin said they needed a lighter shade. That's a concern for me because I have extremely pale skin.

So I think I'll look for it and try it out when I'm next near a Sephora. thanks so much for mentioning it!

Jane

Jane

I tried it out in Sephora befor I bought it. The color I use is beige which is the second color. It is pretty light, but works for me. Try the lightest color; you might be surprised. For sure you don't look like you have any makeup on--it's very natural. You look "finished." At least I do. Let me know what you think.

Was I right about guaranteeing good weather for you in Paris?

Esther

There are also BE boutiques which are great fun. I agree 'concealers' never seem to turn out right, I think sometimes too since that skin is so thin that the moment you work it, there is an even more tired look.

I tried the Mineral Veil, tinted for me, and can say that I don't need foundation. Just eye shadow, and I use Warmth for that for me, and blush, right now which is Thistle on the balls of my cheeks when I smile, and then Mineral Veil all over with the Heavenly brush....the look is healthy and sun kissed with the lips of the bronz-y color of lip stick. Add gloss highlights just in the middle of the upper and lower lip for a very natural look...you can try this yourself with gloss and see how easy it changes the look of the lips.

But again, like Leslie says, if there is one item to chose, take the Mineral Veil. For light skin definately the untinted.

I love BE. I get plenty of compliments for looking like I was just away. So healthy and fresh.

Jane sorry if this is a double post. The first one disappeared. I use something called The Present under the Supernatural. It's no makeup makeup. Basically I use it as a primer. Fist moisturizer; wait a couple of minutes; the Present; wait a couple of minutes; then the Supernatural. Does the Present do anything? Who knows! I think it gives a nice base for the foundation and doesn't feel heavy at all. You might not need it. Best to try and see.

Esther

Jane sorry if this is a double post. The first one disappeared. I use something called The Present under the Supernatural. It's no makeup makeup. Basically I use it as a primer. Fist moisturizer; wait a couple of minutes; the Present; wait a couple of minutes; then the Supernatural. Does the Present do anything? Who knows! I think it gives a nice base for the foundation and doesn't feel heavy at all. You might not need it. Best to try and see.

Esther

The The Present by the same company and made specifically for the Supernatural?

Oh I'll definitely go into a store and try it on before buying. I wouldn't order it from Drugstore.com. (unless it was a reorder)

I like to read their consumer reviews before I buy things. I find them very helpful.

The weather in Paris was not great. It rained almost everyday for half the day. I went to 5 museums and a fashion show. I did walk around when it wasn't raining, but didn't cover as much ground as I was hoping to. Saw some beautiful Xmas decorations. If I can figure out how to post some photo's, I will. But hey, I was in Paris again, saw lots of friends, ate lots of cheese and fabulous pastry's, drank some terrific wines and champagnes, so what could be bad? <g>

Jane I'm not sure if it's made to be used under the Supernatural. It's advertised as no makeup makeup. However, when I use it alone, nothing, nada. But I like it as a primer. Sorta like painting a dry wall...prime and paint.

Sorry about the weather. But as you say, Paris is better in the rain than ............. in nice weather. Fill in the blank!!!!;)

Esther

Archived