How many pairs of socks do i need to pack for each person?

(July 2 - July 10). i guess one pair(two maximum) for each person is enough. am i right? and no need to pack sneakers. am i right?

thanks.

We packed 3 pairs as we were scheduled to do 3 hiking excersions. We also wore our sneakers to travel. Not sure what you have planed for excersions, so that is just food for thought.

I typically pack 2 pairs per day -- one to get sweaty in while scurrying about the ship or touring the ports during the day, and the other to wear with other clean clothes, post afternoon shower, for dinner and evening activities.

Morning ( when I get up I change )

Mid morning,

Late morning,

Noon,

Early noon,

Mid noon,

Early Evening,

Evening ( dinner )

After dinner,

Night clubbing,

In the state room,

Then Bedtime.

So 12, and do NOT get me started on Port days !

:D

To answer the OP's question, it all depends.

Are these formal or casual socks?:rolleyes:

Beware, "The Clothes Police" might be checking under the table on so-called formal nights!;)

I always pack 2 pairs per day I'm not at home. They take up little to no space, can be wedged into just about any nook or cranny. I cannot put on a pair that has already been worn (even for 5 minutes). Yes I usually come home with some un-worn pairs, but I would rather have too many than not enough!

Funny stuff here...I pack ZERO...I live in S Florida and haven't worn socks since my sons wedding last June. I am also lucky (in a way) my feet do not sweat. I say in a way because in winter I have to moisturize my "dogs". If I am going to formal night (wearing my black suit) I bring 1 pair to not stand out so much

Thats just me

Depends on where you are going and what you are doing. I have never packed socks for a carribean cruise. I am in flip flops during the day and strappy sandals at night.

July 3 - July 10. Caribbean. No hiking excursions.

i plan to pack only one pair of socks for each person just for the zipline and the rock climbing.

am i right ?

Funny stuff here...I pack ZERO...I live in S Florida and haven't worn socks since my sons wedding last June. I am also lucky (in a way) my feet do not sweat. I say in a way because in winter I have to moisturize my "dogs". If I am going to formal night (wearing my black suit) I bring 1 pair to not stand out so much

Thats just me

last summer, when we were in Alaska, i brought 7 pairs for each person for the 7 days.

this summer, it's Caribbean, so...

July 3 - July 10. Caribbean. No hiking excursions.

i plan to pack only one pair of socks for each person just for the zipline and the rock climbing.

am i right ?

If you are not bringing any shoes which require the wearing of socks, and are bringing socks only so you can do the rock climbing (wearing their shoes) then one pair per person should be fine.

The ziplining requires "appropriate secure closed toe shoes", though. If you're not bringing sneakers, what are you going to wear for ziplining?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=906

its amazing some of the questions on these boards.....really? how many pairs of socks!! too funny :)
When I read the OP I was sure it was a joke,wrong again.How in the world could a stranger know how many pairs of socks you might need? :confused:

When I read the OP I was sure it was a joke,wrong again.How in the world could a stranger know how many pairs of socks you might need? :confused:

And then factor in if they do laundry or not, boy this is a tough question:rolleyes:

I guess if you have everything else nailed regarding your cruise except how many socks, you should have a fairly good vacation..........now I've seen it all. :eek:

If you are not bringing any shoes which require the wearing of socks, and are bringing socks only so you can do the rock climbing (wearing their shoes) then one pair per person should be fine.

The ziplining requires "appropriate secure closed toe shoes", though. If you're not bringing sneakers, what are you going to wear for ziplining?

i am of course bringing some shoes, just not sneakers. ;)

according to a poster, on the zip line they have loaner shoes too on Allure.

I can't speak for the rock climbing because I didn't actually get to do it. but on the zip line they loan you shoes similar to water shoes. They are soft, but have a rubber sole.

I did both, you can wear your own sneakers on the zip line, no open toe shoes allowed.
They provide shoes for the rock climbing wall ( I rang the top bell ) :D

when I put them on, the loaner shoes felt small but another person said it should feel like that, it gives you a better toe grip on the rocks.

Archived