bathroom supplies

FarmGal65

Shampoo (no conditioner) & liquid soap in the shower. Hand soap for the sink. A basket of 'grabbag' goodies.

Dont like the ship supplied stuff we bring our own. Also on one cruise we noticed the Carnival stuff was almond based. Not good for those with nut allergies. Do not know if this is still the case or not. Travel sizes last us for the week.

In the shower there are two pumps on the wall... one is full of shampoo and the other is full of body wash. They refill these if they become empty.

There will be a small container on the sink with some "promotional items" such as razors, Tums, dental floss, etc. This will be in your cabin at the beginning of the cruise, but they won't refill it. The items have been different on each cruise we've been on.

There will also be a bar of soap for you to use at the sink.

I'm pretty picky about shampoo, but I have no problem with the cruise-supplied shampoo. They don't offer conditioner, so I always bring my own.

I have not traveled on Carnival before and I was wondering what they supply in the bathroom so that I know what I need to pack. Thanks in advance for any help[ that you can give me.:confused:

one huge word of advise here, that no one else mentioned - the ships use ONE-PLY toilet paper.. thin as rice paper.. do you remember tracing paper from your days in school? as thin if not thinner, than that ! soooo thin, you can practially see through it.. you get the idea right?? sooooo bring one small half roll of tp if you want..

one huge word of advise here, that no one else mentioned - the ships use ONE-PLY toilet paper.. thin as rice paper.. do you remember tracing paper from your days in school? as thin if not thinner, than that ! soooo thin, you can practially see through it.. you get the idea right?? sooooo bring one small half roll of tp if you want..

I'm assuming that you are kidding and don't jeopardize the entire plumbing system in your section of the ship by bringing on TP that isn't compatible with the ships vacume and septic system.

The TP is not one ply by the way.

I agree, that the toilet paper leaves much to be desired! So far I have not brought my own along, but next time maybe a couple of rolls or so. Also , yes I agree you will need hair conditioner, even if your hair is in good condition. A small travel size one should do. Also bring skin moisturiszer. Many cruise lines supply it , but carnival does not. Op, have a great cruise.:)

Please don't bring your own toilet paper...the stuff they supply is MADE for the ship's toilets....just use more, if you need to...but putting anything that doesn't belong can mess it up...not only for YOUR room, but other folks on your "line"!

Don't flush tissues, or tampons, or diapers...yes, some try to do that!

I'm assuming that you are kidding and don't jeopardize the entire plumbing system in your section of the ship by bringing on TP that isn't compatible with the ships vacume and septic system.

The TP is not one ply by the way.

Oops okgirl; I havent thought of it that way, but thanks for mentioning it. I guess if I have managed all this time, I will continue to do so.;)

I'm very picky about shampoo and soaps but I like the stuff they supply on the ship. I found that I needed a full size conditioner for my hair because it was getting very dried out in the Caribbean sun! You'll want some body lotion too.

Have a great cruise!

the shampoo is very hard to rinse out of my hair, so I bring my own...

freebies in room....

June 2011..... caress body wash and lotion

singles crest whitening toothpaste

dental picks

5 blade razor

a very good shampoo I cant rember the brand....

December 2010....John Frieda shampoo and conditioner

5 blade razor

Crest whitening strips and singles toothpaste

Pepcid singles

good body lotion cant remember the brand

after a few cruises now, that HUGE packing list is slowly dwindling...but the shoe holder thingie saves lifes with my OCD...it really helps save counter space

I agree, that the toilet paper leaves much to be desired! So far I have not brought my own along, but next time maybe a couple of rolls or so. Also , yes I agree you will need hair conditioner, even if your hair is in good condition. A small travel size one should do. Also bring skin moisturiszer. Many cruise lines supply it , but carnival does not. Op, have a great cruise.:)

On our last cruise in our goodie basket, we had a small tube of body and hand lotion, mango scented:D, I used the whole tube , I asked my room steward where I could get some of this as I loved it so much, he gave me 3 more tubes! I guess handing him the extra tip at the start of the cruise helped:rolleyes:.

It is hit or miss what appears in that "goodie" basket. In 5 Carnival cruisers I have never had lotion of any kind in that basket. Have had small sample tubes of toothpaste, razors, pepcid antacid tabs, Tylenol, Vitamin C Fizzy tabs, and one or two other forgettable things, but no lotion. I always bring a small sample size lotion along, and because I always spend a night before cruise in a hotel, take the sample lotion from there as well. I end up using it all in 7 or 8 day cruise.:)

It is soooo much better than the TP that was on an Aeroflot plane I was on back in '85. It was one step above wax paper.:eek: I kept some just to show people how bad it was.

OP - you don't need to bring your own TP. The ship's is fine and won't clog the system.

Isn't there liquid hand soap at the sink in the bathroom?????

If not I have one more thing to pack.

There is liquid soap on the wall in the shower. I use that when I need to use soap at the sink.

Ah, the life affirming glories of the worker's paradise of the Soviet Union! :rolleyes:

It is soooo much better than the TP that was on an Aeroflot plane I was on back in '85. It was one step above wax paper.:eek: I kept some just to show people how bad it was.

OP - you don't need to bring your own TP. The ship's is fine and won't clog the system.

There is liquid soap on the wall in the shower. I use that when I need to use soap at the sink.

Shampoo (no conditioner) & liquid soap in the shower. Hand soap for the sink. A basket of 'grabbag' goodies.

Dont like the ship supplied stuff we bring our own. Also on one cruise we noticed the Carnival stuff was almond based. Not good for those with nut allergies. Do not know if this is still the case or not. Travel sizes last us for the week.

OMGoodness!! This is a life-saving post!! My son has life-threatening almond (and other tree nut) allergies... we will ask that both cabins be cleared of all personal care products and supply our own!!

Do you know if the soap in the public restrooms also have the almond soap?

Maybe it's me, but w/nut allergies becoming more and more prevalent, i cannot believe they still use products w/almond (oil/extract/etc)... CRAZY!!!

Gotta love a Toilet Paper post!

1st I've ever seen.

Any thoughts about baby wipes as the final ......... :eek: :cool:

I apologize in advance :D

As long as the baby wipes go into the GARBAGE CAN and NOT the TOILET, I say game on!:Dhahahahahaha You may even need to apply a bit of desitin for the finale. I know, gross! I just couldn't resist answering! LOL:D

Seems to me I read somewhere that the stewards have "premium" TP that is ok for the plumbing, you just have to ask for it:p

Yea, but you have to pay extra for it;) It shows up on your account as "B.W."

OMGoodness!! This is a life-saving post!! My son has life-threatening almond (and other tree nut) allergies... we will ask that both cabins be cleared of all personal care products and supply our own!!

Do you know if the soap in the public restrooms also have the almond soap?

Maybe it's me, but w/nut allergies becoming more and more prevalent, i cannot believe they still use products w/almond (oil/extract/etc)... CRAZY!!!

All of the liquid soap is the same. I would call special services and ask them.

Archived