International Cafe Question?

cc waddles

Is all the food from the international Cafe included in the price of the cruise?

thanks. And is it open all the time for breakfast lunch and dinner?

It's free, and it's open for breakfast, lunch and throughout the evening. The only thing there's a charge for is if gelato is served and, of course, specialty coffee.

Most of the food in the international cafe are included in the price of the cruise. I think extra cost only applies to the ice cream and candied apples. They will have the price listed there. They are open almost all hours and have different items for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Soup usually quite good. Chicken salad with cashew, shrimp salad and grilled vegetables are excellent and available around noon. In the morning, you can ask for an egg mcmuffin and they will make it fresh for you. Only have to wait for several minutes. Other pastries are available in the morning too. It's our favorite place to go. :)

As stated, only the gelato and specialty coffees have a few. There aren't candied apples any longer. The IC is a great place. Love the shrimp salad, chocolate croissants, cheesecake, and oh so many more things.

Enjoy!

When I was on the Crown in 2010, the chicken salad (yum!) didn't have any cashews in it, but a few weeks ago on the Caribbean the chicken salad had cashews. Are they making it different now or does it just depend on which ship you're on? Anyone know?

And is it open all the time for breakfast lunch and dinner?

On the Golden it was open from 6am until 11pm every day (except for embarkation and debarkation of course). At around 11:30am they switched from breakfast items to lunch and dinner items.

Yes, and around 3:30 they go around with a tray of fresh cookies, and glasses of milk! Yummy.

Just read on another thread that milk is available at the IC for no charge.

Has anyone ordered and received milk there?

Thanks

Yes, and around 3:30 they go around with a tray of fresh cookies, and glasses of milk! Yummy.

Yikes! Please don't be a sucker and fall for that ploy, folks, unless you are addicted to milk and cookies (and unless you think little of REAL FOOD).

The serving of cookies at 3:30 is designed to fill you up, so that you will order less of REAL FOOD at dinner time. Then, if you eat less REAL FOOD, the cruise line will save money -- money that you will have already paid for REAL FOOD! You can get milk and cookies elsewhere, at other (more reasonable) times of the day, thus not ruining your appetite for meat, vegetables, better desserts, gelato, etc., available on the dinner menu.

Thank you, "cc waddles," for asking if "the food from the international Cafe" is "included in the price of the cruise." THANK YOU for not asking if it is "free." NOTHING on any cruise is "free." It is all paid for BY US, either in advance or with a supplemental fee (e.g., at a specialty restaurant).

None of us here at CC should EVER, EVER, EVER use the word, "free," to refer to what we are given on board a ship. We all pay for EVERYTHING. We even pay for things that we don't use, subsidizing their cost for others.

You used the good phrase: "included in the price of the cruise." Another good phrase to use, over and over again -- instead of "free" -- is "no extra charge" (for example, "Is lemonade available at no extra charge?"), since we have already paid a basic charge for beverages.

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to get this "pet peeve" off our chests.

Yikes! Please don't be a sucker and fall for that ploy, folks, unless you are addicted to milk and cookies (and unless you think little of REAL FOOD).

The serving of cookies at 3:30 is designed to fill you up, so that you will order less of REAL FOOD at dinner time. Then, if you eat less REAL FOOD, the cruise line will save money -- money that you will have already paid for REAL FOOD! You can get milk and cookies elsewhere, at other (more reasonable) times of the day, thus not ruining your appetite for meat, vegetables, better desserts, gelato, etc., available on the dinner menu.

Thank you, "cc waddles," for asking if "the food from the international Cafe" is "included in the price of the cruise." THANK YOU for not asking if it is "free." NOTHING on any cruise is "free." It is all paid for BY US, either in advance or with a supplemental fee (e.g., at a specialty restaurant).

None of us here at CC should EVER, EVER, EVER use the word, "free," to refer to what we are given on board a ship. We all pay for EVERYTHING. We even pay for things that we don't use, subsidizing their cost for others.

You used the good phrase: "included in the price of the cruise." Another good phrase to use, over and over again -- instead of "free" -- is "no extra charge" (for example, "Is lemonade available at no extra charge?"), since we have already paid a basic charge for beverages.

Thanks for the lecture :rolleyes:

L0L - thanks Debbie Downer - (only kidding) I understand what youre saying but in reality - I think the OP was just putting it out there in plain old english. Free means you dont have to pay for it. That being said the IC is one of our favorite places on the ship. You can hang out at the Piazza and get your favorite dessert and just people watch and then go back and get another favorite dessert and then go back...you get my drift. ENJOY! IT"S FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

actually upon re reading the OP wrote "no extra charge" so anyone else using the word "free" should be beaten with a noodle L0L....anyway - one more note - the breakfast sandwich, kinda like an egg mcmuffin were very good also in the morning. THey are in the corner of the IC and sometimes people don't see that.

:)

Are we talking long lines like the "made to order omelettes" one, with only one person serving everything? It sounds too good to be true if there's more than one service person on duty!
I have never seen a long line at the International Cafe. Most people just get one or two things. Very quick. This is about as crowded as the IC usually gets:

5480372948_db3a297029_z.jpg

Don't lose any sleep for this "sucker" as I can have several FREE cookies with milk around 3, then a few cocktails around 6 or 7 before I have a couple of FREE appitizers, then a couple FREE entrees and still have plenty of room for FREE dessert before my FREE late night snack! Anything else you need to get off your chest?

I'm with you, except for the cocktails. Maybe I forgot to mention the FREE cookies come warm, just out of the oven. And, because they could very well charge us for them (or not serve them at all and save money), I appreciate that they send them around, for my mid afternoon snack, just before trivia :) They give me a nice boost and up my chances of winning FREE prizes.

Don't lose any sleep for this "sucker" as I can have several FREE cookies with milk around 3, then a few cocktails around 6 or 7 before I have a couple of FREE appitizers, then a couple FREE entrees and still have plenty of room for FREE dessert before my FREE late night snack! Anything else you need to get off your chest?

Is there an International Cafe on the Coral?
The Coral and her sister the Island, the Sun class (Sun/Sea/Dawn) and the small ships (Ocean/Pacific) don't have an IC and it appears there are no plans to add to those ships. The Sapphire will get an IC in January and her sister the Diamond will probably get an IC during her next drydock. The rest of the Grand class ships (Grand/Golden/Star/Caribbean/Crown/Emerald/Ruby) have an IC but only the Crown/Emerald/Ruby have gelato at the IC.

Are we talking long lines like the "made to order omelettes" one, with only one person serving everything? It sounds too good to be true if there's more than one service person on duty!

There is one person on duty, sometimes 2. No problem with lines as they go fast.

Archived