Take Cash!

Ripley

Contrary to what you might read on these boards, they do NOT accept credit cards for the travel passes, so make sure you have adequate cash with you on your first port day. Also, they no longer sell the books of 15 tickets, at least at the Dockyards, so you'll have to purchase individual tokens or the unlimited single- or multi-day passes. We're just back today, and last week the buses and ferries ran smoothly and often.

Chair rentals at Horseshoe are $11 plus a refundable $5 deposit per chair, cash only.

Just wanted to let everyone know, so you can plan accordingly.

Good heads up but I've never seen any posts saying they took credit cards and it has been emphazied that it was cash only. Bummer about the book of 15 tickets since they were a good alternative if someone was not making a lot of trips. Sometimes they were the most cost effective.

Godd advice to take cash, but I've never read anything posted here that said you can use a credit card for the transportation passes, and I have posted numerous times that I can't ever recall the bus tickets being available for sale at Dockyard...at the bus terminal in Hamilton, yes, but not at Dockyard.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive this stupid question but do they take US dollars? I havent been to Bermuda in over 10 years so i forgot. Of course when i travel i usually purchase local currency but dont remember what Bermuda accepts. Please advise and sorry for the stupid question. :p

Forgive this stupid question but do they take US dollars? I havent been to Bermuda in over 10 years so i forgot. Of course when i travel i usually purchase local currency but dont remember what Bermuda accepts. Please advise and sorry for the stupid question. :p

US dollars are accepted everywhere, but at times you may not be able to get US dollars back in change.

US dollars are accepted everywhere, but at times you may not be able to get US dollars back in change.

I have found that many people in the stores make an effort to give American tourists change in US money whenever possible. In fact, I had to ask someone to please give me some Bermuda coins because I wanted them as souvenirs--my friend's kid is fascinated by foreign coins.

The Bermuda dollar value is pegged to the US dollar, so there's no calculation required for changing money.

at least the all day or multi day transportation tickets ARE sold at the Dockyard right by where you get off your ship.

I already bought my one day passes for NEXT year to tuck away.....

bernadette

Archived