Princess Newby ???

cw2go

Sailing Diamond next year Alaska southbound.

What is the cost for Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse and do you pre-book online before sailing? Also in specialty restaurants on formal nights what is expected attire? I have read over this board and get conflicting answers? :confused:

We have chose Anytime dining, can someone please give me a run down on how this works? This is a first for us but looking forward to the fexibility.

Thanks in advance,

Patty

The Diamond is a wonderful ship, one of my very favorites! Last time we were onboard there was a $20 charge for Sabatinis and $15 charge for Sterling Steakhouse per person. Per the current Princess guidelines, my understanding is that the specialty restaurants are always smart casual dress, even on formal evenings but that does get debated here.

Anytime Dining allows you to choose the venue and dining time you prefer each evening. The Diamond has four Anytime Dining rooms - Savoy, Santa Fe, Pacific Moon and Vivaldi (Anytime after 8 p.m.) Each room has a different theme and specialty dish but the main menu is identical for all dining rooms. The specialty dishes for each room are as follows:

Savoy - Pork Chops

Pacific Moon - Sizzling Shrimp/Scallop Noodles

Santa Fe - Guacamole and Chips, Chicken Fajitas

Vivaldi - Osso Bucco

The Diamond is a wonderful ship, one of my very favorites! Last time we were onboard there was a $20 charge for Sabatinis and $15 charge for Sterling Steakhouse per person. Per the current Princess guidelines, my understanding is that the specialty restaurants are always smart casual dress, even on formal evenings but that does get debated here.

Anytime Dining allows you to choose the venue and dining time you prefer each evening. The Diamond has four Anytime Dining rooms - Savoy, Santa Fe, Pacific Moon and Vivaldi (Anytime after 8 p.m.) Each room has a different theme and specialty dish but the main menu is identical for all dining rooms. The specialty dishes for each room are as follows:

Savoy - Pork Chops

Vivaldi - Osso Bucco

Thanks for your help,

Anytime after 8pm???? Do we reserve on board or online???

Only the Vivaldi dining room is restricted for Anytime until after 8 p.m. because it is used for an early seating for Traditional Diners. The other three are all open for seating beginning at 5:30 p.m. You do not need reservations, you just walk in at the time you are ready to dine. You can make a reservation if you like, but you don't need one. Depending on the time you arrive and the number of diners already seated you can experience a brief wait, but in our experience we are usually seated promptly.

karatemom2 Thanks so much now my final question...well for today anyways. :D

Do I prebook for Sterlings Steakhouse & Sabatinis in advace or on the ship?

Smiles, :p

Patty

The specialty dishes for each room are as follows:

Savoy - Pork Chops

Vivaldi - Osso Bucco

You can order the specialty dish of a room in any of the dining rooms, not just the one where it is the specialty.

Also, you can eat in any of the anytime dining rooms. If one is busy when you want to eat, check another.

karatemom2 Thanks so much now my final question...well for today anyways. :D

Do I prebook for Sterlings Steakhouse & Sabatinis in advace or on the ship?

Smiles, :p

Patty

You cannot book Sterlings or Sabatini's before boarding. Shortly after you get on the ship, pay a personal visit to each restaurant and book it that way. Much better than trying to get them on the phone the first day.

You cannot book Sterlings or Sabatini's before boarding. Shortly after you get on the ship, pay a personal visit to each restaurant and book it that way. Much better than trying to get them on the phone the first day.

This is one area Princess is lacking.

With Celebrity you can make reservations at specialty dining venues before your cruise. Even reserve open sitting times.

We were on Island Princess for our Alaska cruise with Anytime Dining. I highly recommend going to dinner around 6 pm or 8 pm, not 7 pm. When we wanted around 7 pm, we had to wait 30-45 min for seating, even though there were 2 of us and we were willing to share tables.

Read the detailed review with photos of my Alaska cruise, packing list, and shopping tips:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/alaska-2010/

Archived