Who can link our reservations -- TA or CC?

ALadyNCal

I have three cabins booked. Right now, we have three category 8 cabins very close to each other. When I requested the TA (large internet agency) make sure our cabins are linked, they replied:

"all three reservations are confirmed for the Select (open) dinner seating, the cruise line’s system does not recognize linking reservations since the cruise line does not pre-assign guests at specific tables with this dining option"

This doesn't sound correct to me (thought I have never used Select Dining). I'm sure I've had them linked in the past when I've booked family trips...

If Celebrity doesn't LINK the cabins then how will they know we are a 'group' in the rare (cross fingers) event of an upgrade?

Do I tell the TA I think they are incorrect? Do I call Celebrity myself? FWIW, I have used the same credit card and email address for all three cabins.

I think the TA is right. The "linking" is of importance when you are requesting one dining table for all. Since you are all Select Dining, it isn't necessary to link. Should the upgrade fairy visit, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that you all would be upgraded, so that's probably not an issue.

I have three cabins booked. Right now, we have three category 8 cabins very close to each other. When I requested the TA (large internet agency) make sure our cabins are linked, they replied:

"all three reservations are confirmed for the Select (open) dinner seating, the cruise line’s system does not recognize linking reservations since the cruise line does not pre-assign guests at specific tables with this dining option"

This doesn't sound correct to me (thought I have never used Select Dining). I'm sure I've had them linked in the past when I've booked family trips...

If Celebrity doesn't LINK the cabins then how will they know we are a 'group' in the rare (cross fingers) event of an upgrade?

Do I tell the TA I think they are incorrect? Do I call Celebrity myself? FWIW, I have used the same credit card and email address for all three cabins.

They can still link your reservations. It's correct that you won't be at a specific assigned table since you are doing Select Dining, but if you opt to make a standing reservation (still using Select Dining), you would want your ressies linked. It's not a problem. Your TA should be able to handle this for you with one simple phone call.

I just booked DH and me, my sister and her family, and my Mom and a friend. I asked Celebrity to link all reservations and when I checked, it was done.

Jo-Ann

it is EXTREMELY unlikely that you all would be upgraded
Well.... 1. I've had 'two' cabins upgraded before, 2. It is four months to sailing, 3. We are all past passengers. So, maybe unlikely, but not entirely impossible :D

If the dining choice is a glitch, maybe I should change to Early Dining. I'm still on the fence about doing Select and prepaying the gratuities anyway.

How can I confirm if the reservations are linked? Online? Or do I have to call Celebrity?

Your past experience sounds like it was for Traditional Main or Late dining seating. You have been confirmed for Select - which means you select/choose when you wish to dine and with whom as do the other folks in your group. If you don't want Select, and other choices aren't available at this time, go to the Maitre' de's desk at the appointed time on the day you embark and ask to be changed. You will need everyone's booking number/cabin number.

You don't need your TA or CC to link the ressies (altho your TA should be able to do this for you). You can link the reservations online yourself if you want to---and also view linkages made for you.

Just log in to the Celebrity site and view your current reservations. Select "Manage my Reservation" for the cruise you want to link. On the reservation summary page displayed, on the lower right hand side, select view "Link with Other Travelers". On the page displayed, you can add the reservation numbers you want to link to, and for each one check boxes for dining, hotel, air as you wish.

Hope this helps. Give a shout if you have any questions/problems.

Well.... 1. I've had 'two' cabins upgraded before, 2. It is four months to sailing, 3. We are all past passengers. So, maybe unlikely, but not entirely impossible :D

If the dining choice is a glitch, maybe I should change to Early Dining. I'm still on the fence about doing Select and prepaying the gratuities anyway.

How can I confirm if the reservations are linked? Online? Or do I have to call Celebrity?

If you used a TA, your TA needs to call Celebrity. Celebrity won't give you any information or deal with you directly if you booked through a TA.

As far as upgrades, it doesn't matter whether you're linked or not. If you are linked, one or all of you may or may not get upgraded. Linking your reservations will have no bearing on that.

Hi,:) if you go to your booking on line, you can link the bookings yourself.

I have done it many times. As long as you have the other people's

booking numbers it should not be a problem. As for being upgraded?

You must be very lucky. I have been sailing with Celebrity for 8

years and never received one.

Not all bookings can be linked (but most can),

We booked a cruise through our great TA and our friends booked months later with the same TA. Because we booked early we were part of a "group" and got some extra perks. Our friends were not in the "group" as it was full. The bookings could not be linked because of the "group" issue but the TA put in the request for us to dine together and it worked out fine.

Yes, I only had traditional dining before. Haven't sailed since the inception of Select.

As to upgrades.....now that I think of it....they were not on one of my Celebrity cruises :o Sorry for the mix up!

I was initially frustrated that I booked outside GUARANTEES yet had assigned cabins in category 08 the same day. Have decided that it's good enough that all three cabins are next to each other in a decent location.

You don't need your TA or CC to link the ressies (altho your TA should be able to do this for you). You can link the reservations online yourself if you want to---and also view linkages made for you.
I had already done this. So that is all that is required? Then I should be set.

Still think that was an odd reply from the TA tho...:)

We are sailing on Millenium with friends. We each booked through an online agent at different times and chose Select dining- when I emailed the agent to get the reservations linked it was easily and quickly done so it IS possible even with select dining

We are sailing on Millenium with friends. We each booked through an online agent at different times and chose Select dining- when I emailed the agent to get the reservations linked it was easily and quickly done so it IS possible even with select dining
Thanks -- I have done it online. I might call Captains Club next week and see if they will verify it for me -- in lieu of trying to tell the TA she is incorrect :cool:

Archived