Alaska in May w/ Teenagers?

uirishtoo

Any opinions on taking teenagers to Alaska at the end of May--we are thinking NCL or Carnival (leaning towards NCL)--Will there be others their age on the ship?

All thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. I have never been to Alaska so I am excited but worried that the teens (15,18,19) will be bored.

Thanks

There will always be some kids onboard.....may not be as many as in the summer months, when most schools are out, tho. And remember, Alaskan cruises are all about Alaska and the sights....you aren't likely to be using the ship as much as you would on, say, a Caribbean cruise....you'll be off at every port, exploring and sightseeing, and when you get back onboard, you're going to be TIRED!!!!

The kids will find something to do....even with fewer kids, all of the kid's clubs will be up and running. Of course, the 18 & 19 year old will not have any organized activities...they are considered "adults" and will do adult things!

Some schools in the South are out about the middle of May, so some maay be on board.

For other districts, with many having final exams, there probably won't be too many skipping a week of school

1) Pick the ship with the best scenic cruising. Don't know which sailing of NCL or Carnival you are looking at but I highly recommend you target one that gets Glacier Bay. Regardless of the number of teens or quality of kids club etc. You are hopefully going for the scenry and you got to get Glacier Bay IMHO

2) May is early, prices I suspect will be good as is airfare but you'll have far fewer kids and likley less than warmer weather then than say in late June thru August.

FWIW if memory serves me correct 18-19 isn't considered "teens" and can't mingle in the kids club on any ship I've sailed on. I expect only your 15 year old can hang at the teen's club.

Any opinions on taking teenagers to Alaska at the end of May--we are thinking NCL or Carnival (leaning towards NCL)--Will there be others their age on the ship?

All thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. I have never been to Alaska so I am excited but worried that the teens (15,18,19) will be bored.

Thanks

Archived