Fish N Chips on the Valor

megmno

OK, this might be the most trivial question here tonight, but does anyone know if there is cocktail sauce (the red kind) available at the fish and chips counter? DH loves fish and chips, but only with cocktail sauce, not tarter sauce (the white kind).

On another note, it's refreshing to come to this forum, which must be the only place on the internet where no one is discussing the Casey Anthony verdict.

Mmmmm fish n chips!!! :D I can't answer your question about the cocktail sauce, I honestly don't remember if the Liberty offered it or not lol, but the tartar sauce was delicious!!!! You should make him try it, b/c it is really very tasty!

There were several sauces to select from. I do recall a red sauce but I don't remember if it was typical cocktail sauce or not. There was a nice tartar sauce and I also remember possibly a mustard/mayo and some other specialty sauce. I seem to recall 4 choices and also vinegar etc.

When in doubt carryon. Should not count against the non-alcoholic limit.:p

But ketchup and horseradish is the restaurant method with a touch of lemon juice.

LOL...I can never remember how to spell that silly word....:D

It is the only time or thing I use ketchup in....

Personally at Fish & Chips I get the Bouillabaisse, two bowls with lots of crunchy/french beard and butter....When onboard at lunch time with a ship with this venue this is always my lunch...

There is a red chili sauce which is tasty and certainly worth a try. If the name turns you off, if definitely tastes better than it sounds.

Tabasco is always available.

If all else fails, bring your own and stash it in your refrigerator until needed.

Sarge-You always answer lots of our questions, so-Is there a fish n chips station on the Magic? I am so shallow to even ask such a question when there are so many eating opportunities there, but there were fish n chips on the Conquest, with fried oysters, every day at lunch. We really loved getting our fill. And in order not to hijack this thread, I'll say this-The Conquest did have red sauce at the fish n chips station.

Not offered on Mag.

I just read your post "not offered on Mag." I guess that means not offered on the Magic, which means the question I just posted to you is already answered before I even posted it. :p

Mmmmm fish n chips!!! :D I can't answer your question about the cocktail sauce, I honestly don't remember if the Liberty offered it or not lol, but the tartar sauce was delicious!!!! You should make him try it, b/c it is really very tasty!

I was thinking ewwww, if anyone made me put this on my fish, I would not eat it. If you dont like it, you dont like it. I only like ketchup on my fish, but cocktail sauce on shrimp. People like what they like.

Sarge-You always answer lots of our questions, so-Is there a fish n chips station on the Magic? I am so shallow to even ask such a question when there are so many eating opportunities there, but there were fish n chips on the Conquest, with fried oysters, every day at lunch. We really loved getting our fill. And in order not to hijack this thread, I'll say this-The Conquest did have red sauce at the fish n chips station.

I think I saw some kind of fish offered in the Red Frog Pub for $3.33.

lol, I wouldnt want red chilli sauce either. I even make up my own cocktail sauce sometimes and buy the ingrediants separately.

They had Tai dipping sauce, and tarter sauce, don't remember seeing any cocktail sauce. Love the Calimari fritters!

Now I DEFINATELY need to make at least 1 trip up for fish and chips in October..I will need to try the Calimari fritters.

No Fish and Chips station. You can purchase Grouper "Fingers" (odd since grouper, like chicken, doesn't have fingers) with a spicy tarter sauce in RedFrog for $3.33. Also conch fritters and conch salad. Lots of Jamaican hot sauces available with your food order.

In the MDR, they had an overstuffed fish sandwich at lunch.

DSC_4383.JPG

DSC_4389.JPG

Only oysters were one night in the MDR - Baked Oysters Rockefeller, but you won't see those on a 7 day cruise.

DSC_6386.JPG

We will be on the Conquest later this year, after it returns home, and I'll be eating some oysters there. Probably some soup, and even some Ahi. I'm sure there will be lots of pictures as to what they have. ;)

Funny I have always found the fish and cheaps to be overly greasy and have not tried them for a few years.

Going on the Valor in Jan and guess it is time to give them another try.

they looked kinda grease soaked....not for my delicate arteries...but that was Valor..Mag may emprove

There are some lovely options that are NOT fried.

Jessmon pointed out the bouillabaisse. I enjoyed the cerviche on the Valor. I have always seen non-fried offerings at Fish&Chips area on any ship I sailed that has this venue and I find it to be a nice refreshing lunch.........of course I always add some fried thing to it such as the fritters or the chips just to balance it out!! :p

Archived