Marina Iceland

meow!

Those of you folks on the Marina now circling Iceland, would you be so kind as to post to share your on board experience with the rest of us? How is the sea, rough?

P.S. Those of you who have been on such an itinerary before please add your input!

My notes from the June-July 2006 Dover to Dover cruise on Insignia are sometimes sketchy but I remember very rough seas going to Dublin from Stornoway. The roughest seas were actually going from Dublin to Dover at the end of the cruise.

Going into Iceland from the Faroe Islands was somewhat rocky. My notes say I took the precaution of lying down just to be safe, but we didn't have really rough weather as I recall.

We too are anxious to hear about the Cruise. I am terrible about motion sickness and have scheduled "Northern Interludes" June, 2012. I guess you just put on a patch and hope for the best. We look forward to all your notes!

Sitting in Reykjavik City Hall now- great Internet. We are on the Marina- in Isafjordur yesterday. Seas are like glass- a little nippy outside- high 50s, but sunny and gorgeous. Will post more when we return.

Archived