President's Cruise - Journey 8/29/11

BillC

Does anyone know who will be the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director on this cruise. Also, other than the first night in Burgundy event does anyone have any other clues about what is planned? Thanks.

Also, other than the first night in Burgundy event does anyone have any other clues about what is planned? Thanks.
Earlier today, I received a "last chance" e-mail about the President's Cruise, which had the following info:

President's Voyage Features:

- Hosted parties and casual get-togethers with our President and CEO, Larry Pimentel and his wife.

- Complimentary hosted shore event; for your first night in Bordeaux, enjoy a wine tasting, dinner and entertainment.

- Commemorative gift.

Does anyone know who will be the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director on this cruise. Also, other than the first night in Burgundy event does anyone have any other clues about what is planned? Thanks.

Hi BillC !

Captain Tysse is scheduled to be the Master of Journey. Heike Berdos is currently the Hotel Director, though I'm not certain if she will be onboard for this sailing. I will see if I can confirm, and who the Cruise Director will be.

As for the Special Shore Event, I'm pretty sure the details will be kept secret, so I doubt I will be able to find answers. If I hear more, I will post it on this thread.

I was on the President's hosted cruise on the Quest last October. Larry and his wife Sandi were very visable. There were several special cocktail parties. There was an early in the cruise as well as late in the cruise Cruise Critic party in which Larry wanted to hear about our ideas and experience The actual shore event was the big thing. It was fabulous. We left at about 2:00 in buses to a small Tuscan town where we could walk around ourselves. Then to the castle ( there were two of them) which was also a winery. We toured the winery and then had and excellent dinner with the castle's excellent wine and grappa.The entertainment was three opera singers from the Italien opera. When we arrived back to the ship, we were "welcomed home" with glasses of champagne. Very nice thing for Azamara to do for the guests. Don't miss it Some guests had booked a two day tour and could not cancel that particular tour

Hi BillC !

I have updated information for the President's sailing. The current schedule is :

The Master of Journey - Captain Johannes Tysse.

Hotel Director - Heike Berdos.

Cruise Director - Tony Markey.

I wish I could be there. I'm sure it will be wonderful. Enjoy your Cruise !

ah the dream team - wish we were there too

Hi Uktog !

That's a GREAT name for the Captain Johannes, Heike & Tony combo. The Dream team were on my Journey sailing in February, and they were all fantastic. You could not ask for better !

Hi Uktog !

That's a GREAT name for the Captain Johannes, Heike & Tony combo. The Dream team were on my Journey sailing in February, and they were all fantastic. You could not ask for better !

Hi Andy

Do you know if the 'Dream team' are going to be on the Journey August 7th.

We were on the Presidents Cruise on the Quest in October and had a great time.

Could not agree more about the "Dream Team". We have sailed multiple times with all 3 of them and can't wait to see them in action again. In fact I just booked the back to back so we'll be staying on for the following cruise, Lisbon to Portugal.

Hi Andy

Is there a Presidents Cruise on Quest this year too?

Is there a Presidents Cruise on Quest this year too?

Hi Jade !

That I know of, there isn't one scheduled for Quest this year. I believe I heard the plan is to alternate ships each year.

Hi Andy

Hi Vival !

I can tell you that Captain Tysse and Heike should be onboard Journey on August 7th. I'm not sure about Tony. Last I heard, he was on vacation. I will see if I can find out for you.

Hi Jade !

That I know of, there isn't one scheduled for Quest this year. I believe I heard the plan is to alternate ships each year.

That is what I thought but somone mentioned there was a Presidents cruise last October on Quest. I never heard about it. Perhaps someone can tell us which itinerary and what special shore event was included.

Hi Andy

Hi Vival !

I've confirmed that Tony Markey is expected to join Azamara Journey on August 7th, so the "Dream Team" will be in place. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Andy. I hope they are still in place for the 17th September sailing. Looking forward to my first Azamara cruise:cool:

Phil

I hope they are for you Phil, I know Capt Tysse comes back on after his leave on Jan 4th 2012 so doing the maths you could well be lucky, but if you are not, you will still be lucky as Capt Jason is a rugby lover originally from Southampton

That is what I thought but somone mentioned there was a Presidents cruise last October on Quest. I never heard about it. Perhaps someone can tell us which itinerary and what special shore event was included.

It was Barceelona to Rome the last week of October. The shore excursion was dinner in a Tuscan castle when we were docked in Livorno.

We didn't go on this because the details weren't available before the cruise and we had plans for Florence which for us was the highlight of the trip. For those that didn't go Azamara offered a half price shore excursion.

A large number of passengers went to the dinner and really enjoyed it, however it was a two hour bus trip there and back so I think some people found it very long as they were very late back to the ship. I'm think there were lots of other smaller special events as well.

Larry and his wife were very friendly and they attended many events including two Meet and Mingles throughout the cruise. We were invited to go with them and a small group on a shopping with the chef trip in Cannes to a fish Market and then to a wine and cheese tasting which was very nice.

Also, other than the first night in Burgundy event does anyone have any other clues about what is planned?

Wow, Bill...... Don't tell anyone from Bordeaux that they are from Burgundy!!!! :)

The President's cruise is coming up soon. I look forward to meeting everyone at the cruise critic meeting onboard. See you soon!

Hello Larry !

Nice to see your post !

I'm sure the President's Cruise will be an Azamazing Cruise experience. It's exciting that you & your wife Sandi will be onboard Azamara Journey. I hear the "Dream Team" of Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Manager Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Tony Markey will be onboard. Your Guests will be in wonderful hands.

I look forward to hearing about the President's Cruise, when our Cruise Critic friends return home. I hope you will visit our Forum when time permits. Thank You !

Archived