Ocean Princess Cabin 6049

Cruisin' Crazy

Hello everyone,

I'm on the Ocean Princess next April / May for the 58 day trip from Singapore to London.

Cabin 6049 is on deck six with a lifeboat/tender in the window, thus an obstructed view cabin. The deck plan indicates that there is actually some view out of this particular cabin window, which is nice, not totally blocked as some are.

These few cabins in the middle of deck six are turned sideways from the usual orientation, so would not have the door in one end and the window in the other end. They would have to have the door in the long side and the window in the opposite long side, as far as I can see.

Anyone out there who has been in this cabin 6049 or any of the other few in that area?? Obviously, any of the other "R" ships would have the same thing, so anyone from any of the eight ships would know.

I would be interested to find out how the cabin is arranged. Pictures would be nice if anyone has any, but even a description would be helpful.

Thanks very much for any help.

Ken.

A friend was in one of these cabins on the Ocean P and I visited him. It was as you described - turned sideways, so the long sides were to the outside of the ship and the hallway. The window was in the long side as was the door.

Anyone out there who has been in this cabin 6049 or any of the other few in that area?? Obviously' date=' any of the other "R" ships would have the same thing, so anyone from any of the eight ships would know.

I would be interested to find out how the cabin is arranged. Pictures would be nice if anyone has any, but even a description would be helpful.

Thanks very much for any help.

Ken.[/quote']

Some pictures below from a similar cabin (6046) on the Royal Princess.

100_8019.jpg.e58934d149fc3752f2f7081415d266cf.jpg

100_8021.jpg.28cd0c41e61e345f7757259751610614.jpg

100_8022.jpg.2515a5bae6399480bc3530d5213de9c8.jpg

100_8026.jpg.4534c75d827a5e5e296ed3b7ea2316d0.jpg

Thank you Caribill for your photos. That is exactly what I was looking for. As the old saw goes "a picture is worth a thousand words" (and four are even better)

Really looking forward to this long voyage on the Ocean next year.

Thank you again, Ken

Thank you Caribill for your photos. That is exactly what I was looking for. As the old saw goes "a picture is worth a thousand words" (and four are even better)

Really looking forward to this long voyage on the Ocean next year.

Thank you again' date=' Ken[/quote']

One thing the photos do not show is that the entrance to the cabin is in the middle, basically near the foot of the bed.

Hi Caribill,

Looks like there is no space for the usual small love seat sofa in these sideways cabins either. Did you note the absence of it when you were there? I drew out a scale drawing from the pictures and could not find anywhere to fit the sofa in. Really liked having that on Royal Princess for quiet reading relaxation in the cabin when the balcony was not usable.

thanks again for the photos.

Ken.

Hi Phabric

I've been in many obstructed cabins. Many of them you can actually see straight out quite well, but others actually look right into the tender or lifeboat. When you get that you don't have much to see and get only a little daylight. But this cabin on Ocean has a clear view out as you can see from the picture. I am also on the Island Princess to Alaska on August 17, 2011 and have a similar situation, where there is actually kind of a tunnel space you can see out between the nose of one and the tail of another. Its not a bad deal for the money savings.

Ken.

Hi Caribill' date='

Looks like there is no space for the usual small love seat sofa in these sideways cabins either. Did you note the absence of it when you were there? I drew out a scale drawing from the pictures and could not find anywhere to fit the sofa in. Really liked having that on Royal Princess for quiet reading relaxation in the cabin when the balcony was not usable.

thanks again for the photos.

[/quote']

Right, no sofa.

Thanks for the information.

We were on the Ocean 2010 in a balcony. August 2012, we are on the 8 day Ireland & Scotland Interlude with only 1 sea day so don't want to spend the extra money for a balcony. I want to have some light in the cabin. We might be upgrade, you never know.

Archived