Is there a listing of which cabins are in each category

buffi001

Is there a listing of which cabin numbers are in each subcategory on

the Silhouette? For example, which balcony cabins are considered 1a

versus 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c,and 2d? What is the major difference between

the a versus b and c? and the difference between 1a, b and c versus

2a, b and c? Are all of the hump cabins considered 1A?

Thanks in advance

Is there a listing of which cabin numbers are in each subcategory on

the Silhouette? For example, which balcony cabins are considered 1a

versus 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c,and 2d? What is the major difference between

the a versus b and c? and the difference between 1a, b and c versus

2a, b and c? Are all of the hump cabins considered 1A?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You should find deck plans on this website. 1A's are on decks 6 - 9 on midship humps. All cabins are same size except for 1A's which benefit from larger balconies. 1B & C are on decks 8 & 9 , 2A on 7, 2B on 6 & 7. 2C (partially obstructed view) & D (Obstructed view) are on deck 6.

Jim

I agree with Steve, just look at Celebrity's website and view the deck plans for the ship you are considering. That is the easiest way to view which staterooms are which category.

In terms of differences, the following is a brief generalization (note, these descriptions pertain to S-Class ships only):

2D: Obstructed Balconies. Generally the obstruction is from lifeboats/tenders coming to about waist high. You have some view, but the view is definitely impacted. Some have large balconies (those on slanted portion of hump). All are on lowest deck that has balconies (Continental Deck). Be aware that there is a public smoking area on the deck below, port side, near midship!

2C: Partially obstructed. Generally (but not always) the obstruction is from lifeboats/tenders, but they only come up to about the floor of your balcony. As such your view downwards is impacted, but not straight out, left or right. Some have large balconies (those on slanted portion of hump). All are on lowest deck that has balconies (Continental Deck). These staterooms are often a great value, especially the ones with large balconies such as 6240. Be aware that there is a public smoking area on the deck below, port side, near midship!

2B & 2A: These categories are fairly similar and the only difference is location (with 2A's being more desirable than 2B). These are located on low decks (Sunrise and Continental). Staterooms located port side near midship may be negatively impacted by cigarette smoke from public smoking area on the Entertainment Deck.

1C: These are Vista deck balconies not on the hump and not aft. Normal sized balconies aside from 8330 and 8341 being slightly larger but located far towards the aft. Slight chance of smelling a little cigarette smoke from public smoking area three decks down if you have a 1C near midship on the port side.

1B: These are located on the center hump of the Vista Deck. Nice midship location, but since they are not on the slanted portion of the hump they have normal sized balconies. Slight chance of smelling a little cigarette smoke from public smoking area three decks down if you have a 1B on the port side.

1A: These are typical balcony staterooms (i.e. no extra perks) but in highly preferred locations, i.e. slanted portion of hump (so large balconies) with no obstructions. Some are far aft, but have larger than normal balconies (i.e. 8334 and 8343). The midship 1A's tend to be more preferred than these 1A's far aft due to the long walk to nearest stairs/elevators as well as increased chance of seasickness in the one's far aft.

SV: Aft balconies on Sunrise and Vista decks.

C3: Concierge Class perks. Tend to be located on lower decks and/or away from midship compared to C2's, though some C3's are fairly near midship.

C2: Concierge Class perks and generally desirable location. Many are on the slanted portion of hump (so large balconies).

C1: Concierge Class perks and aft location on decks above the SV aft balconies. On S-Class the aft balconies are not extra deep (like on M-Class and on Century) but some are wider than others, so researching which C1 to select is important!

AQ: Aqua Class perks (also receives Concierge Class perks). All AQ are on the Penthouse Deck. The ones on the slanted portion of the central hump at very desirable (large balconies, midship location, near elevators/stairs, no obstructions and the steward is often top notch as they are also servicing the Penthouse Suite). 1610, 1606, 1605 & 1601 are (IMHO) the best non-suite staterooms on S-Class ships (all have nearly triple sized balconies). The ones on the slanted portion of the forward hump (i.e. 1552, 1554, 1547 and 1549) have larger than normal balconies, but a minor obstruction from window washing equipment, at least on Equinox, Eclipse and Solstice (not sure if this will apply to Silhouette and Reflection).

If you look at the deck plans, each category/subcategory has it's own color. Easy Peasy. EM

Being partially color blind, these color codes drive me nuts. Some are so similar to me that it's impossible for me to tell them apart. Even my wife has trouble with some of the colors!

Being partially color blind, these color codes drive me nuts. Some are so similar to me that it's impossible for me to tell them apart. Even my wife has trouble with some of the colors!

That is a good point; some of them look similar to me as well. It would be nice if they used some colors with greater contrast.

1C: These are Vista deck balconies not on the hump and not aft. Normal sized balconies aside from 8330 and 8341 being slightly larger but located far towards the aft. Slight chance of smelling a little cigarette smoke from public smoking area three decks down if you have a 1C near midship on the port side.

1A: These are typical balcony staterooms (i.e. no extra perks) but in highly preferred locations, i.e. slanted portion of hump (so large balconies) with no obstructions. Some are far aft, but have larger than normal balconies (i.e. 8334 and 8343). The midship 1A's tend to be more preferred than these 1A's far aft due to the long walk to nearest stairs/elevators as well as increased chance of seasickness in the one's far aft.

Hi,

Great review. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Silhouette seems to have extra staterooms - 8334 & 8343 are 1C and 8338 & 8345 are 1A. Extra cabins on other decks as well.

Jim

Hi,

Great review. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Silhouette seems to have extra staterooms - 8334 & 8343 are 1C and 8338 & 8345 are 1A. Extra cabins on other decks as well.

Jim

I believe you are correct. Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse have identical deck plans. Silhouette has some minor differences and Reflection will feature an entire extra deck as well as a new class of staterooms (Aqua Suites).

Seatguru.com is great to check out airline seats...cruise critic or some other enterprising web designer should do the same for cruise lines.. Don't forget to tip me once you make your first million!!

That also is a very good idea. I would think there would be a market for something like that if done well.

Please go to Cruise Deck Plans dot Com! It is the most comprehensive site, and when you point to an actual cabin on the deck plan, the designation (1A, 2C etc) will show. No need to decipher those silly colors! For a small fee, you can join the site, and can view a huge gallery of ship/cabin photos. :)

Please go to Cruise Deck Plans dot Com! It is the most comprehensive site, and when you point to an actual cabin on the deck plan, the designation (1A, 2C etc) will show. No need to decipher those silly colors! For a small fee, you can join the site, and can view a huge gallery of ship/cabin photos. :)

Thanks for the tip! Although I've been visiting this website for a couple of years, I never noticed the designation showing up. This is certainly helpful. Plus the size of the plans are larger than on Celebrity's site, making them easier to study.

Thanks for this info....your correct..it's a great little site. !

:D Goody...a new little toy. !!

• 3 years later...