My Time Dining ? for Allure/Oasis

CSBM

We are considering our first cruise next summer on either Allure or Oasis.

I think we would prefer My Time Dining so that we can eat when we want. My question is, Does My Time Dining take less time than eating in the main dining room with others?

There seems to be so much to do on these ships and I don't want to miss out on the shows and other entertainment. I was thinking we might be able to do more in the evening if we aren't tied up in the dining room for hours:rolleyes:

What do you think?

We will be 14 &12 at the time we take this cruise.

CSBM

MTD can go as fast or slow as you like...within reason! If you don't do MTD, try to get main seating...that way, you can participate in the teen activities. You don't HAVE to eat dessert, if you're trying to get out quickly!

We are considering our first cruise next summer on either Allure or Oasis.

I think we would prefer My Time Dining so that we can eat when we want. My question is, Does My Time Dining take less time than eating in the main dining room with others?

There seems to be so much to do on these ships and I don't want to miss out on the shows and other entertainment. I was thinking we might be able to do more in the evening if we aren't tied up in the dining room for hours:rolleyes:

What do you think?

We will be 14 &12 at the time we take this cruise.

CSBM

When you book Oasis or Allure about 60 to 90 days out you can go under your cruise reservation online and book the shows and times you want for each day. We did MTD and what we did was picked the times for the shows and then dined around them. A few shows are like 8:30pm, or 9. We would go to the dining room around 7 for the 8:30 show. It never took us more than an hour, 15 minutes to dine and we were at the shows about 20 minutes ahead of time for a good seat. We were a party of 6 and never waited for a table. We really liked MTD. :)

Thanks for the help.

So as I understand it, it could be just as fast to eat in the main dining room. I think we will still use MTD because I worry we will be put others who want to eat at a more leisurely pace.

CSBM

Thanks for the help.

So as I understand it, it could be just as fast to eat in the main dining room. I think we will still use MTD because I worry we will be put others who want to eat at a more leisurely pace.

CSBM

Outside the dining room will be two lines. One for MTD and one for reserved. The reserved line always seemed to be longgggggg.

I found that MTD was quicker than the other 2 floors of dining. I loved it. I really hate rushing after being in port all day, so I'll never do early seating again. I prefer MTD but my Mom likes the schedule of meeting at the same time, at the same table every night, so our March cruise will be late seating since we're traveling together. Booking the shows as soon as you can is the way to go! You don't want to miss ANY shows on either ship. Fabulous!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a very positive experience with My Time Dining on the Oasis of the Seas last year. I felt as though the timing of our dinner was catered toward our table rather than our dining being timed with the rest of everyone in our server's section.

We are looking forward to having My Time Dining again on our next cruise!

Just off of the Oasis on June 2,2011. We did MTD for the first time and to be honest I had my doubts. I too enjoy getting to know the waiters and such. And BTW there were just two of us. The first night it was a disaster. Lines everywhere, and we had a reservation at 8:15 each night. Well, we were seated after thirty minutes and no one came to give us menus for twenty minutes. It is now 9:00PM and I was beginning to wonder if we would make our Oasis of Dreams show at 10:45PM. Well, needless to say they got their act together and we made the show. The next night we went at 8:15PM again and it was soooo much better. We were seated in an area with the best waitress and assistant. We found we could ask for them each night and had a great experience. We even met the head waiter, who was awesome when we had a little trouble with Chops. We are going again next April and I think we may eat at Giovannis the first night. Have a great cruise!!!

Archived