Mattresses

Elde

We're in the market for a new mattress - and the LOML has decreed that we look into which brand NCL uses. So, does anyone know what kind of mattresses NCL uses in the Courtyard suites?

We're in the market for a new mattress - and the LOML has decreed that we look into which brand NCL uses. So, does anyone know what kind of mattresses NCL uses in the Courtyard suites?

It's called the "Who Needs a Man? Mattress". If you really want to give up your roll in life, your best bet is to book another cruise in a Courtyard suite at your earliest possible cruising opportunity, and smuggle the matress out in your suitcase.

Glad to help,

InThe

...in Germany. Not available in US. Oh, how I wish they were! I like the style of platform, then mattress on top.

So comfy!

We also loved the mattress in our CV. It was one of the most comfortable mattresses we've ever slept on, period. How nice it would have been to be able to order one when we finally bit the bullet and bought a new mattress this year.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your last sentence correctly, so please forgive me if not. Even though we can't get those fabulous mattresses here, it's easy to switch to a platform. We always hated box springs, so nearly 20 years ago, we bought a lovely and simple oak platform bed designed to hold a waterbed mattress. It's got drawers underneath, which is fabulous for spacesaving storage. Then we bought a new mattress only. The cost was about 20% less than if we bought the set. It's so much more comfortable to have the platform instead of a box spring. I have no empirical proof, but I believe that our previous mattress lasted longer on the platform bed than it would have on a box spring. Buying a platform bed is definitely a long-term investment because a good one isn't cheap, but we have never been sorry we did it.

beachchick

Wait! Don't give up and buy anything yet. This was brought up a couple years ago and I got the name of the company and all the info needed to buy one. I can't remember the name or any details but I will try and find it tonight after work (yeah, taking a quick break).;) I LOVE those beds and have never slept better (course it might have something to do with being at sea too).:)

Was about to give up but I found it! :D I contacted them and got the info. quite a while ago but can't find my notes anywhere. I'm pretty sure the one that are in the suites are the Prestige (highest price of course). I didn't buy one but maybe some day.:D

http://www.globalresourceregistry.com/index.php?file=page&page_id=3&tags=5

Archived