Revolving bar on jewel

We enjoyed it on Serenade, and our first time on Jewel. I thought I had read it was only on those two Radiance class ships or maybe one more. Anyhow, 10/2010 we were back on Jewel and were told it was broken and a special expert was to board the next day to fix it. That never happened, and in April 2011 we were on Jewel again....still not fixed. We'll see what happens when we board in 10/2012, lol. Of course, not a deal breaker, but for some reason DH and I thought it was a really fun feature! :D

We enjoyed it on Serenade, and our first time on Jewel. I thought I had read it was only on those two Radiance class ships or maybe one more. Anyhow, 10/2010 we were back on Jewel and were told it was broken and a special expert was to board the next day to fix it. That never happened, and in April 2011 we were on Jewel again....still not fixed. We'll see what happens when we board in 10/2012, lol. Of course, not a deal breaker, but for some reason DH and I thought it was a really fun feature! :D

well, i have sent rci an e mail, ill let you know what they say.

We were on the Jewel back in April right before it went in to dry dock. I spoke to the hotel director at one point and he mentioned that they were making changes to that bar. I thought I had seen on the boards that they changed the bar into a diamond club or something. I'll look back and see what I can find.

Matt C.

im sending emails to rci,crown and anchor and on here.Heck if the rising tide bar wasnt working people would complain,so if there is a problem -with this on radiance class ships it needs addressing.it is a important feature .

Not sure how important a feature it is if so many who have been on the Jewel weren't even aware of where it is located or that it is supposed to revolve. We have been onboard Jewel when the bar was revolving but I can't state with any certainty that it revolved the last few times we sailed on her. It is an interesting experience when it is working but its operation has never been essential IMO.:)

Radiance's was not working back in February. I never even knew it was supposed to turn until I noticed the groove and rail running around the thing and put 2 and 2 together.

The Radiance Class was designed to offer awesome views, so the bar makes sense. No matter where you sit, you will get to see out eventually.

Ive just heard back from royal caribbean and the revolving bar is in good working order,So i will enjoy going round and round and round in a few weeks time.

I think i will have, one drink per every 2 revolutions.lol

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your trip.

[quote name='new seekers']Ive just heard back from royal caribbean and the revolving bar is in good working order,So i will enjoy going round and round and round in a few weeks time.

I think i will have, one drink per every 2 revolutions.lol[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Thanks for checking into this...I am on the same sailing as you and am looking forward to seeing this rotate...Didn't know it did...[/COLOR]

Archived