Revolving bar on jewel

Will be sailing on the 14 night transatlantic on sept 3rd,and was wondering if the revolving bar on jewel of the seas is in good working order,as this is likely to be the venue for the nightly diamond event.Been on brilliance before and it wasnt always working.Any one been on jewel recently?

Was on the Jewel - didn't know there was a revolving bar? Doing the Brilliance next year - which bar is it?

The round bar up in the Viking Crown is a revolving bar. Unless I'm mistaken, all Radiance Class has it. My 2 times on Radiance, it was also broken. It doesn't seem to be a great mechanical design.

2726470260080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

The round bar up in the Viking Crown is a revolving bar. Unless I'm mistaken, all Radiance Class has it. My 2 times on Radiance, it was also broken. It doesn't seem to be a great mechanical design.

2726470260080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

It wasnt working when we were on it:confused:?? OOps.maybe all those drinks made it seem to be spinning to me:p

Yea,Im sure this thread will make them fix it..:rolleyes: But hey,nice try!:)

im sending emails to rci,crown and anchor and on here.Heck if the rising tide bar wasnt working people would complain,so if there is a problem -with this on radiance class ships it needs addressing.it is a important feature .

Been on Jewel and Radiance recently and didn't know that bar revolved. Wonder if it is really "broken" or they are concerned about falls?

thats a good point ,maybe it is working but the bar tender didnt turn it on.we had to ask on brilliance.But honestly it dont go that fast,but if you went to the toilet you couldnt find your drink if you sat at the bar, it was great fun.

im sending emails to rci,crown and anchor and on here.Heck if the rising tide bar wasnt working people would complain,so if there is a problem -with this on radiance class ships it needs addressing.it is a important feature .

Valid point. I hope you are successful in getting it fixed.

Well, I certainly think it's arguable exactly how "important" it really is. I've never really seen RCI advertise it as a key feature for a selling point. But if its important to you, have at it. Good luck.

Well, I certainly think it's arguable exactly how "important" it really is. I've never really seen RCI advertise it as a key feature for a selling point. But if its important to you, have at it. Good luck.

yes it is important, it woudnt be much fun on the carousel if it didnt go round, thanks for you imputs.

I've been on the Jewel 4 times in the last 6 years and I've never heard of a revolving bar on the ship until now. We will be on in two weeks, I'll make a point of checking it out.

Sheal

What, and where, is the revolving bar?

In the disco in the Viking Crown on the Radiance class ship. The area around the circular bar rotates. Note it's just a small area that rotates, not the entire disco.

I've been on the Jewel 4 times in the last 6 years and I've never heard of a revolving bar on the ship until now. We will be on in two weeks, I'll make a point of checking it out.

Sheal

well when i was on brilliance in 2004,iwas at the bar and said to the bartender why is it not revolving,5 mins later he had switched it on,so maybe you ask when you go. the seats and floor and where your drink is move but not the bartender inside,there are railings all around to stop people walking in and falling,its really good.

please post your findings when you get back,if its not working tell them that phil will be on to them on sept 3rd,so they have been warned.lol

It wasnt working when we were on it:confused:?? OOps.maybe all those drinks made it seem to be spinning to me:p

Perhaps it never really spun at all - it was all just the patrons' heads spinning.

I hope it is working on Brilliance in 1 1/2 years - plenty of time to fix it.

Archived