Pinnacle grill menu

CRUISEADIK

Thanks CruiserBruce, realised when I searched and had hit a wrong and it thus bounced back no entries.

I have also now found some info regarding the wine flights from an article, though I don't know if it is still relevant.

Four wine flights, each featuring one glass each of four vintages showcasing the wine growing regions of the Pacific Northwest, have been selected to complement the new culinary creations.

Two flights each of white and red are offered each evening and range in price from $12 to $29. Sample flights include:

Washington's World Class Whites - $12.00 * Johannisberg Riesling, Chateau Ste. Michelle * Chardonnay, Chateau Ste. Michelle * Chardonnay Reserve, Argyle * Chardonnay, Columbia Crest Grand Estates

Reigning Whites of Washington - $17.00 * Riesling, Eroica, Dr. Loosen and ChEoteau Ste. Michelle * Viognier, McCrea Cellars * Sauvignon Blanc, Horse Heaven, ChEoteau Ste. Michelle * Chardonnay, Apex Shades of Northwest Reds - $15.00 * Pinot Noir, Van Duzer * Merlot, Canoe Ridge, Chateau Ste. Michelle * Merlot, Columbia Crest Grand Estates * Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Crest Grand Estates

Washington's Red Treasures - $29.00 * Merlot, Maghie Merlot * Seven Hills, l'Ecole N degrees 41 * Cabernet Sauvignon, Apex * Cabernet Sauvignon, l'Ecole N degrees 41 Renowned service and elegant appointments await Pinnacle Grill guests.

I am one who thinks the luncheon menu is better than the dinner menu. We always try to have at least one lunch in the PG.

I'm actually thinking of having a lunch one day in the PG and then maybe a room service lighter dinner or the lido for a change.

I have also read that my teen daughter should get 50% reduction at the PG but when booking online, even though our reservation has her DOB it does not offer the reduced rate.

I assume they will refund the difference when onboard if I decide to bother requesting it?

:)

I had wanted the fruit and berries for dessert and he told me that was not a good choice because it was just the melons, etc from the MDR with only a few berries for garnish. When I asked if I could then just have a small bowl of berries, I was told no that was not on the menu.

This is dissappointing to hear. When we were on the Volendam in 2008 bowls of berries were yours for the asking as either an appetizer or a dessert. I was planning on having lots of bowls of berries to help maintain my weight. Hmmm...will need to rethink this.

I'm actually thinking of having a lunch one day in the PG and then maybe a room service lighter dinner or the lido for a change.

I have also read that my teen daughter should get 50% reduction at the PG but when booking online, even though our reservation has her DOB it does not offer the reduced rate.

I assume they will refund the difference when onboard if I decide to bother requesting it?

You will have to reguest the 50% for your daughter once on the ship.

Even we Mariners that are 4 star can not get the 50% discount when we book online. Others have had good luck with it being automatically given to them once they have eaten at the Pinnacle -- we have not. Each time we have had to go to the concierge and get it straightened out. The discount will be given as shipboard credit.

OO great question, I was also wondering that :D

I have also noticed that you can have a wine flight in the PG...does anybody know how much this is please ?

Thanks

Thanks CruiserBruce, realised when I searched and had hit a wrong and it thus bounced back no entries.

I have also now found some info regarding the wine flights from an article, though I don't know if it is still relevant.

Four wine flights, each featuring one glass each of four vintages showcasing the wine growing regions of the Pacific Northwest, have been selected to complement the new culinary creations.

Two flights each of white and red are offered each evening and range in price from $12 to $29. Sample flights include:

Washington's World Class Whites - $12.00 * Johannisberg Riesling, Chateau Ste. Michelle * Chardonnay, Chateau Ste. Michelle * Chardonnay Reserve, Argyle * Chardonnay, Columbia Crest Grand Estates

Reigning Whites of Washington - $17.00 * Riesling, Eroica, Dr. Loosen and ChEoteau Ste. Michelle * Viognier, McCrea Cellars * Sauvignon Blanc, Horse Heaven, ChEoteau Ste. Michelle * Chardonnay, Apex Shades of Northwest Reds - $15.00 * Pinot Noir, Van Duzer * Merlot, Canoe Ridge, Chateau Ste. Michelle * Merlot, Columbia Crest Grand Estates * Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Crest Grand Estates

Washington's Red Treasures - $29.00 * Merlot, Maghie Merlot * Seven Hills, l'Ecole N degrees 41 * Cabernet Sauvignon, Apex * Cabernet Sauvignon, l'Ecole N degrees 41 Renowned service and elegant appointments await Pinnacle Grill guests.

Some of the ships offer the wine flights -- some don't -- you have to ask about them.

The types of wines and prices may have gone up since that was posted (by me) several years ago.

You got 2 ounces of each wine. Just really a sampling.

You will have to reguest the 50% for your daughter once on the ship.

Even we Mariners that are 4 star can not get the 50% discount when we book online. Others have had good luck with it being automatically given to them once they have eaten at the Pinnacle -- we have not. Each time we have had to go to the concierge and get it straightened out. The discount will be given as shipboard credit.

Thats great, thanks for the advice, much appreciated :D

Some of the ships offer the wine flights -- some don't -- you have to ask about them.

The types of wines and prices may have gone up since that was posted (by me) several years ago.

You got 2 ounces of each wine. Just really a sampling.

Thanks for that, I read this info on an old online article that I found via a Google link. http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-5893980/New-Menu-Items-and-Wine.html - hmm not sure why it wont show the whole article from the link tho, it is there via google however- Sorry I was not aware you had also posted it or I would of course given you credit for the info , apologies. The small tasting does not sound so great then, not what I would consider a true wine flight. No worries, will just buy a bottle that compliments our food overall that we both like instead :D

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated again

Sam :)

Thanks for that, I read this info on an old online article that I found via a Google link. http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-5893980/New-Menu-Items-and-Wine.html - hmm not sure why it wont show the whole article from the link tho, it is there via google however- Sorry I was not aware you had also posted it or I would of course given you credit for the info , apologies. The small tasting does not sound so great then, not what I would consider a true wine flight. No worries, will just buy a bottle that compliments our food overall that we both like instead :D

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated again

Sam :)

Oh -- you don't have to appoligize -- I was surprise to see the wine flights mentioned. When we discovered how small each pouring was going to be -- we ordered a bottle of wine that we both liked.

We recently returned from the Amsterdam (June 24th through July 8th). We ate once at the Pinnacle Grill and it was very good. The menu is the same everynight unless they are doing a special night. While we were on board, the had two different Evening at Le Circe special nights at the Pinnacle ($35 instead of $20 per person). Frankly the menu looked better for the regular menu. We had reservations for July 4th that had been prepaid by our travel agent as a gift but received a call from the Pinnacle explaining that that night was a special wine paring menu and was $65 a person. We opted to switch to the 2nd and enjoyed the regular menu.

In one of the posts above there is a reference to a discount on Pinnacle for teens? Is the discount available for both lunch and dinner? Le Cirque nights? Does anyone know the age rule on this? As the mother of 2 boys, I will say this is generous if true. The boys eat a lot more than I do.

From HAL's Website:

DINING

The Pinnacle Grill

Print page shown

.leftaction.pdf {background:url("../images/miscellaneous/pdficon_small.gif") no-repeat scroll 7px 5px #FFFFFF;}.leftaction.blog { background:url("../images/miscellaneous/Holland-America-cruises-Blog.gif") no-repeat scroll 7px 5px #FFFFFF;.leftaction.article {background:url("../images/miscellaneous/artiicon.gif") no-repeat scroll 7px 5px #FFFFFF;}ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

Related Blog Posts

Pinnacle Grill

Extraordinary Dining

As You Wish® Dining

Savor

The Pinnacle Grill offers a level of elegant sophistication unmatched anywhere on the seven seas. Beautifully appointed with Bvlgari® china, Riedel stemware and Frette® linens, the intimate Pinnacle Grill is ideal for a romantic dinner for two or a special group celebration. Creative and innovative menus, drawing from regional ingredients of the highest quality, will delight the palate and ignite the senses. Indulge in hand-selected aged Sterling Silver Beef®, fresh seafood and an extensive, world-class wine list.

View a sample menu from the Pinnacle Grill

For this exquisite sophisticated dining experience, guests pay a modest surcharge. Adults may dine for US$20.00 per person or lunch for US$10.00. Children under 12 dine free of charge. A rate of 50% applies for children between 13 years and under 18 years of age. The Pinnacle Grill is available by reservation only for both lunch and dinner. We recommend making your pre-confirmation reservations online or with Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 as soon as possible after booking. Upon embarkation you will be asked to reconfirm the exact time and date directly with The Pinnacle Grill.

An Evening at Le Cirque in the Pinnacle Grill

All guests of the Pinnacle Grill can now enjoy a truly memorable dining experience: in an exclusive agreement, Holland America Line has partnered with the illustrious Le Cirque restaurant to offer "An Evening at Le Cirque in the Pinnacle Grill" aboard our fleet of 15 ships. On every every voyage, the Pinnacle Grill will be transformed for at least one night into a Le Cirque–like atmosphere. On those special evenings, menu offerings, wine selections, table decorations and the restaurant setting will be tailored to create an authentic Le Cirque dining experience that is sure to impress both the eyes and palates of Holland America Line guests. This experience is available to all guests on all sailings. For more information, click here.

From HAL's Website:

DINING

KK, do you cruise HAL exclusively? You seem to know everything about this cruiseline or where to find the info. You are a valuable resource for HAL info. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with the rest of us. It is very kind of you.

For the last number of years we have sailed only on HAL.

We started out in the 80's on Cunard. Then we sailed on Princess and NCL for quite awhile. We did one RCI cruise back in the 90's and were not impressed with them - and that was before they had the ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls, etc.

We have been happy for the most part with HAL -- but now that HAL is moving more out of the North American market -- and due to health problems, neither of us can fly overseas anymore - so we are very limited in cruises. Looking at the fall 2012 schedule -- looks as though we will be booking another cruise line -- not much there for HAL for the Caribbean -- we have done all those cruises numerous times.

For the last number of years we have sailed only on HAL.

We started out in the 80's on Cunard. Then we sailed on Princess and NCL for quite awhile. We did one RCI cruise back in the 90's and were not impressed with them - and that was before they had the ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls, etc.

We have been happy for the most part with HAL -- but now that HAL is moving more out of the North American market -- and due to health problems, neither of us can fly overseas anymore - so we are very limited in cruises. Looking at the fall 2012 schedule -- looks as though we will be booking another cruise line -- not much there for HAL for the Caribbean -- we have done all those cruises numerous times.

i've only done one cruise and it was with Cunard and loved it. What are you thinking of trying? I'm thinking of HAL this November.

• 1 month later...

I found this thread on the search function. We are sailing over Christmas on Noordam and we get a free dinner as an OBC the first night in Pinnacle. Will the menu be the same as Eurodam? I'll also try to search on the HAL website. Planning the cruise is ALMOST as much fun as going. :D We did a TA years ago (2007) on Westerdam and the food in MDR was just awful - extremely salty and/or tasteless. We went up to the Lido every night and had wonderful meals (go figure pretty much the same menu) and had wonderful service. I am hearing the food in the MDR in Noordam is quite good.

We did a TA years ago (2007) on Westerdam and the food in MDR was just awful - extremely salty and/or tasteless.

I have to tell you, we met the second executive chef on our recent Amsterdam cruise. He was called to our table in the Cannaletto when I told the maitre d' how much I enjoyed the vegetarian entree special that day. We had a nice chat and he asked me what I thought of the food on the ship. I told him we were enjoying the food very much, but I had one suggestion. I suggested they use less sodium in their recipes. He looked at me a bit confused and responded by saying that the Alaska cruises draw a younger crowd and younger people like salty food. I responded that I thought at least 75% of the people on this ship were probably on low sodium diets. I don't think he got it though. The funny part was, if this ship had a younger crowd, I can't imagine the age group of the other itineraries. :confused::confused::confused:

I have to tell you, we met the second executive chef on our recent Amsterdam cruise. He was called to our table in the Cannaletto when I told the maitre d' how much I enjoyed the vegetarian entree special that day. We had a nice chat and he asked me what I thought of the food on the ship. I told him we were enjoying the food very much, but I had one suggestion. I suggested they use less sodium in their recipes. He looked at me a bit confused and responded by saying that the Alaska cruises draw a younger crowd and younger people like salty food. I responded that I thought at least 75% of the people on this ship were probably on low sodium diets. I don't think he got it though. The funny part was, if this ship had a younger crowd, I can't imagine the age group of the other itineraries. :confused::confused::confused:

A younger crowd on the AMSTERDAM??????? (I just saw a white blackbird too.) Salt in excess can do a lot of damage. I used to salt everything and now I have health problems because of it. I too am on a low sodium diet.

A younger crowd on the AMSTERDAM??????? .

Yup, that is what the chef said. Before he said this, my Bob figured the average age on our cruise was 75. I told him I thought it was closer to 65. Either way, if that was a young crowd, how old is everyone on the other HAL itineraries? :eek: We did love the food on the Amsterdam, but I cook with very little salt at home, so I do notice the extra salt when dining out. There was one positive from the higher salt: I was not waking up during the night to use the bathroom and slept like a baby. ;) Also when we were on our 5 1/2 hour bear tour with no facilities, I managed to avoid having to go in the wild. :D For two weeks it was no big deal, but since he had asked me what I thought of the food, I did mention it. Also put it on my comment card at the end of the cruise.

We have never tried Celebrity or Crystal -- may try them in 2012 as HAL has so few cruises we can do at that time.

i have sailed crystal once and celebrity three times. celbrity provided excellent food and service and an average ship. lot's of fun. crystal had elegance, excellent food and service. the ship is fancy and lot's of fun. i'm sailing hal in a week and in june 2012. celebrity is booked in nov 2012. you'll make a good choice because there isn't a bad choice. kb

Archived