NCL Sun: Coffee maker in front/bow PH suites?

TrinaLC

I guess the title pretty much says it all - what kind of coffee maker is there in the bow PH suites?

I'd love an expresso machine!

As Valley Village says above: a Lavazzo espresso machine. They are fantastic.

The butler takes care of the supply of pods, creamer, and cleaning and refilling the machine with water. When we board, one of the first things I always do is to tell the Butler that I'm a fairly heavy coffee drinker, and get him to start supplying extra coffee pods and creamer right away.

There's nothing like starting the morning out on the balcony, with the sun, the cool breeze, the ocean waves, and a great cup of coffee!!

As Valley Village says above: a Lavazzo espresso machine. They are fantastic.

The butler takes care of the supply of pods, creamer, and cleaning and refilling the machine with water. When we board, one of the first things I always do is to tell the Butler that I'm a fairly heavy coffee drinker, and get him to start supplying extra coffee pods and creamer right away.

There's nothing like starting the morning out on the balcony, with the sun, the cool breeze, the ocean waves, and a great cup of coffee!!

VideoTech, you have a way with words - I can smell the ocean air now!

We have had the LaVazza Espresso Machine with pods in the Bow PH Suites on the pearl, Gem and Spirit. We will be in a Bow PH Suite on the Sun next month and knew they didn't have them before drydock. This is the first I have read that they are now in those suites and I am thrilled. It was so nice to get up in the morning and have that perk!

I have heard at this point the only PH that has the Lavazza coffee machine is the Owner's Suite. That was one of my concerns having had the Lavazza machine several times. It is awesome. Unless something has changed all other PH suites have a regular coffee maker. :(

We have had the LaVazza Espresso Machine with pods in the Bow PH Suites on the pearl, Gem and Spirit. We will be in a Bow PH Suite on the Sun next month and knew they didn't have them before drydock. This is the first I have read that they are now in those suites and I am thrilled. It was so nice to get up in the morning and have that perk!

KS, can you report back? It isn't clear to me that all the responses relate to the Sun, but rather bow suites generally.

Hopefully, after drydock, even the Sun has these (as I had read, like you, that they did not have them previously).

Trina LC, Will let you know for sure when I get back which will be after Sept 12th. According to his profile Video Tech was on the Sun, 1/1/11 Eastern Caribbean which I think was after drydock. So if he was in a Bow PH and not an Owner's Suite perhaps he can clarify for us?

Trina LC, Will let you know for sure when I get back which will be after Sept 12th. According to his profile Video Tech was on the Sun, 1/1/11 Eastern Caribbean which I think was after drydock. So if he was in a Bow PH and not an Owner's Suite perhaps he can clarify for us?

You're correct about our sailing on the Sun, and it was before the dry dock. We were in a bow PH and not an owners suite.

Unfortunately, I was corrected by my DW and the pictures I looked at subsequently. At the time we sailed, there was still only the regular coffee maker in our room. I was confusing the Sun with our suite on the Pearl, which did have a Lavazza.

I thought they were going to install Lavazza's in the bow PH suites during the drydock...not sure if they did or not.

Apologies for the faulty memory and misinformation.

There is a video from after drydock that shows the owners suite as well as a few of the other PH suites on youtube. Do a search for the sun and you will have a tour of a few suites. Pretty awesome. I also contacted NCL and did recieve a response that at the present time the owners suite is the only one that has the Lavazza machine. They may be adding it at a later date. I am hoping to have it by my sail date in January. I wish, I wish, I wish...:D:D

There is a video from after drydock that shows the owners suite as well as a few of the other PH suites on youtube. Do a search for the sun and you will have a tour of a few suites. Pretty awesome. I also contacted NCL and did recieve a response that at the present time the owners suite is the only one that has the Lavazza machine. They may be adding it at a later date. I am hoping to have it by my sail date in January. I wish, I wish, I wish...:D:D

Here is the video:

I looked at it pretty closely, since one of the rooms shown is right below my soon to be suite. In the video, they show 8003, and it does not have a Lavazza. There's just a plain old drip machine.

I am surprised that they did not put them in all of the suites during dry dock, since that is a fairly inexpensive way to make people happy. Them's the breaks. I will still enjoy my time on the ship.

Thanks for posting the You Tube Video. Watched it several times and did see the LaVazza in the Owner's Suite but not in the PH Suites. It was filmed in April and the Sun improvements have been ongoing so maybe there is a slight chance they have added the LaVazza's to the other suites after the video was made. I can only hope.

• 5 months later...

Just wondering for anyone who has recently come back from the SUN do the PH Suites on aft or bow have the Lavazza coffee machine? I do know the Owners suite has the machine. Just need to know if the aft suites do. It sure would be nice if they have added them.

Thanx for any info.

Norma

Just wondering for anyone who has recently come back from the SUN do the PH Suites on aft or bow have the Lavazza coffee machine? I do know the Owners suite has the machine. Just need to know if the aft suites do. It sure would be nice if they have added them.

Thanx for any info.

Norma

No Lazazza in the Sun's aft PH suites (just the little regular drip machine). Sailed a few weeks ago. Frankly, I struggle to see where they could put it. Not much shelf space.

• 1 month later...
No Lazazza in the Sun's aft PH suites (just the little regular drip machine). Sailed a few weeks ago. Frankly, I struggle to see where they could put it. Not much shelf space.

Bummer. We had a Lavazza in the Dawn aft PH two years ago . . . I didn't even stop to think that the PH's on the Sun wouldn't have one (especially after dry dock).

• 5 months later...

Archived