One Day in Bora Bora - What should I really do?

JOMOPE

Depends on whether you are in the mood for land or sea. The shark and ray feeding is really great. So is the 4x4 jeep tour. I've done them both, not done any of the other alternatives, like the Lagoonarium. There's always Bloody Mary's for lunch, which lots of people think is a great place (I don't think it's worth the trouble.)

There's a great cyber cafe that serves the best croissants I've ever had anywhere, right in Vaitape. I agree with Wendy, Bloody Mary's wasn't worth the trouble, or the $ we paid. It was fine, but it felt more like a tourist trap than an authentic FP experience. For lunch, Ben's Place is a great place right off Matira Beach (the public beach) which is right next door to the Hotel Bora Bora. I would also suggest the shark/ray feeding tour. It's a fun excursion and IMO no better place to enjoy it than the amazing BB lagoon. A snorkel excursion would also be fun. IIf you want to do land based excursions, like a 4x4 trip, an island like Moorea is a fun place to enjoy then (and they have the rum distillery too). :D

We also rented a car for 4 hours, it was fun to drive the entire island (doesn't take long!) and see some of the areas off the beaten path.

Have fun!

If you really want to check out the many colors of the lagoon and have fun while your seeing it, is to go Waverunning. You do have to stay in a group but, it's still fun and you still can go fast. There's a stop at a motu for refreshments and exploring. Two people can ride on one Waveruner. It is one of our favorite excursions. We've done this a couple of different times. We did it in Moorea once, although if I may suggest, it's better in Bora Bora!

We booked ahead of time, Miki Miki tours was one of the tour companies. Also, Matira tours or Matira Beach tours. You can also, book through Top Dive. You can probably book at the dock, although if this is something you really want to do, I'd book ahead of time. The spaces fill up fast.

• 5 weeks later...

Because of its incomparable lagoon, Bora Bora is known more for its water activities than land. I'd do a shark feeding.

We did 4x4 tours on both Moorea and Bora Bora, and the one on Bora Bora pales in comparison. The reason being that apart from the shore areas, Bora Bora is very mountainous. The 4x4 jeeps barely climb up the side of the hill, unlike in Moorea.

Youre in Bora Bora one and one half days if you do the cook islands cruise, i feel that Bora Bora by far out surpasses Moorea in every way when it comes to the water, the emerald colors were far superior two any of the other islands especially from above in the mountains. When i replayed my digital pictures at dinner the first night in Bora Bora i think most people thought they had missed out on the beauty. I would not miss that 4x4 trip for anything, then do a water adventure the next day. If you do the 4x4 at noon when the ship arrives with the sun out at its peak, the water colors will hold you breathless. Oh make sure you go to the mountain that looks out over the Bay area where the airport is located on the Motu in Bora bora and to the gun enbankments from ww2, you wont be disappointed. The tour we took did not lack any excitement, the fun of 4x4 is not to rush up on paved roads, its suppose to be slow and rough going thats what 4x4ing is about. If you want a smooth ride just to see the island without any adventure just ride the Lebus or rent a car and go to Bloody Marys.

Eric

Archived