Seattle hotel recommendations

nanny4sure

We are going on the Golden Princess to Alaska in September and decided to stay 2 nights ahead in Seattle. The prices are almost what a cruise is for 2 nights. Any suggestions on where to stay or not to stay? Thanks:confused:

I suggest you go to the Seattle forum of Trip Advisor. The first item under the Top Questions About Seattle is 'where to stay'. It discusses the various areas within Seattle.

Many people are reporting great deals on priceline and related sites.

http://www.biddingtraveler.com/priceline-winning-bids-hotel-list-seattle

In general the Space Needle/Seattle center is the most budget friendly.

Quality Inn, Comfort inn, Holiday Inn xpress, Hampton Inn.

From the Seattle Center you can catch the monorail to downtown.

Not sure if you've done this already...but you might want to check with Princess. I was on the Golden a couple of weeks ago and found out that Princess had a great rate for the Westin which is in a great location (can you tell I didn't book the Westin through Princess and paid a lot more).

Cheers,

CG

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in the Queen Anne section of Seattle and found it to be clean, comfortable and affordable in a decent, safe area of town. It is located at 5th and Roy St. two blocks North of the Space Needle. From there we took the monorail to downtown and a short walk to Pike Place Market.

We are going on the Golden Princess to Alaska in September and decided to stay 2 nights ahead in Seattle. The prices are almost what a cruise is for 2 nights. Any suggestions on where to stay or not to stay? Thanks:confused:

Myself and a number of people on my roll call were able to use priceline to get four star hotels near the Pikes Market for about 130 per night.....

Archived