Time zone changes on Baltic cruise?

bakery

It looks like we will change time zones when we travel from Sweden to Finland, and again when we enter Russia. (And, of course, the same in reverse in the other direction.) Will there be reminders in the daily Princess Patter telling us when to change our clocks? I'd hate to miss an excursion because I forgot to switch the time....

• 2 years later...

Just returned from a Princess Cruise - London and back with stops in Norway, Denmark, Estonia, St Petersburg Russia, Finland, and Sweden. The daily paper, the Patter reminds you of the timezone change and a note will appear on your pillow each evening that requires a time change. Remembering to change the time is not the problem. Planning your trip excursions around 3 timezone changes from London to St Pete's is the problem. London is six hours ahead of me in Chicago. Two nights in London started a body clock adjustment. Then we hit the cruise and lost 3 more hours on the way to St Pete's where we planned to all-day excursions. We managed but wished we had planned shorter excursions in the next ports to allow our bodies some recovery time. If you don't need a lot of sleep, you will be fine. If your body does not adjust well to shortened sleep and long days, you should adjust your excursions with that in mind.

In the patter it will tell you if you have to adjust your watch/clock that night.

But be sure you are looking at the correct Patter.

For example, if the time change is at 2 AM Wednesday morning, the Tuesday Patter will have the notice saying it is "tonight."

However, the Tuesday Patter is delivered Monday evening. I have met people who read that Monday evening ("time changes tonight") and do not realize it is for the following (Tuesday) night.

But be sure you are looking at the correct Patter.

For example, if the time change is at 2 AM Wednesday morning, the Tuesday Patter will have the notice saying it is "tonight."

However, the Tuesday Patter is delivered Monday evening. I have met people who read that Monday evening ("time changes tonight") and do not realize it is for the following (Tuesday) night.

That is true and it can be confusing.

I just wait until I see the note on my pillow and then I do what it says. I try not to get hung up on what time it is at home. I just go with the flow and whatever time it is wherever I am at that moment, is THE TIME. Try not to think about it too much and don't remind yourself that you're loosing sleep - it doesn't help. ;)

Most of the time in the traditional dining room our waiter would also remind us of the time change. It's hard to miss between the Patters and the card on the bed that your steward leaves when turning down the bed--it's usually right next to the chocolates.

Most of the time in the traditional dining room our waiter would also remind us of the time change. It's hard to miss between the Patters and the card on the bed that your steward leaves when turning down the bed--it's usually right next to the chocolates.

Also the CD or other host at the show in the evening will usually mention it at the end of the show.

Archived