cost of coffee card

bunzini

Sorry, I know that I have seen this somewhere, but can not find the thread with a search. Does anyone know the cost of the coffee card and how many 'punches' it has?

It has 15 punches and the price has now increased to $31. The cost of a normal Latte is $2.50 so you save around 20% but having the card entitles you to free filtered coffee/tea/hot chocolate as well which would be $1 if purchased without card, in my opinion, well worth it.

you should get a "free" thermal stainless steel Princess mug with your purchase. Look for the coupon booklet in your stateroom and give it to the guy in the Int'l cafe when you get your coffee card. The mug is really nice. I didnt use it on the ship but I use it going back and forth to work at home. In my opinion, the coffee card is totally worth it because I'm an iced latte drinker and beleive me - Dunkin Donuts has nothing over the latte's Princess whips up. 15 lattes did the trick for me while at sea - along with the "free" coffee anytime you wanted it. Delicious.....

Sorry, I know that I have seen this somewhere, but can not find the thread with a search. Does anyone know the cost of the coffee card and how many 'punches' it has?

In the International Café and most lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35 buys a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and other lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise.

$33.35 buys a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and other lounges that have brewed coffee.
Stevesan has the correct cost. The card cost is $29 (not $31) and the 15% gratuity of $4.35 is added to the csot for a total of $33.35.

you should get a "free" thermal stainless steel Princess mug with your purchase. Look for the coupon booklet in your stateroom and give it to the guy in the Int'l cafe when you get your coffee card. The mug is really nice.

I'll have to look for that coupon. My kids (12 & 15) are already asking me to buy them a coffee card. Not a soda card, but a coffee card. Yes, they are Seattle area natives. :D

Thanks so much for your information. I will definately look for the coupon book as well. Sounds like it is worth it. Just got off the Caribbean Princess in June and was not impressed with the coffee in the buffet area. Going next month on the Golden so will be sure to buy one!

Is the thermal coffee mug that you get with the coffee card nice or cheesy? The soda mug from Carnival is very nice and wonder how Princess compares. I have seen several cards on Ebay but am thinking I might like the mug too? Any ideas?

Is the thermal coffee mug that you get with the coffee card nice or cheesy? The soda mug from Carnival is very nice and wonder how Princess compares. I have seen several cards on Ebay but am thinking I might like the mug too? Any ideas?

The mug is the same kind you see everywhere; silver with black lid. Just be aware that it has no handle.

Just wondering which lounges might have the brewed coffee?

Beside the IC on deck five, Crooners on deck six also serves brewed coffee.

Yes.. It's also included when you have a coffee card

Srpilo

Does the soda card work the same way?

No, because the soda card is not a card. It's a sticker adhered to your keycard and you are charged $4.25 +15% gratuity per day, times the number of days on your cruise. You can drink as much and as often as you want, but once the cruise is over, the sticker is void.

Do you have a picture of the mug?

I do not have pic but it is stainless steel, rubber bumps in center to hold onto, as the cup can get hot when coffee first made. Also, something to consider instead of soda sticker-get the unlimited kids sticker for $7 per day- unlimited foutain sodas, milk shakes on Deck 14, and all the non-alcoholic drinks like pina colada, strawberry dacquiri, dirty banana(yummy-frozen banana with chocolte drink. Well worth $7 per day!

Some baristas punch twice for a double but my experience has been they only punch the card once. No smoothies with coffee card, maybe with the Ultimate Drink card? I think I remember some drinks like that in the Sanctuary.

Some baristas punch twice for a double but my experience has been they only punch the card once. No smoothies with coffee card, maybe with the Ultimate Drink card? I think I remember some drinks like that in the Sanctuary.

Other than the fresh brewed, the only drink I order is an Americano; double shot. Technically it's a double espresso with water. And, it's only one punch. If you order a double espresso it's two punches. You figure that one. :confused:

Archived