cost of coffee card

bunzini

The mug is the same kind you see everywhere; silver with black lid. Just be aware that it has no handle.

We got one of these mugs in May....I don't recommend them.

The lid is designed with a little slider to keep coffee from splashing out. The slider is kind of sandwiched between the top & bottom of the lid, and is glued in place. That means you can't disassemble it for cleaning. When we got home, we even ran it through the dishwasher, but just couldn't seem to get it clean.

I wound up using a screwdriver to pry the slider off (breaking it in the process). I found a thick layer of moldy coffee/creamer residue between the layers of the "sandwich".:eek: Not pretty, and probably a haven for bacteria.

It was a nice mug, and kept coffee hot, but the lid is pretty poorly designed.:(

Originally Posted by janny444

Does the coffee card entitle you to the large size or just the regular size and also does it entitle you to the Green tea fruit smoothies regular/large?

I am also interested in an answer to this question:confused:

We are the third party to be interested, "blueridgemama." For some reason, no one answered you nor the original questioner, "janny444." Maybe someone will now answer all three of us.

On the Ruby in 2009, a card entitled us to large-size regular (drip) and espresso-based coffees, not just the small size, but we don't know if that is still true.

We don't know anything about the rest of janny444's question ("Green tea fruit smoothies regular/large").

The lid is designed with a little slider to keep coffee from splashing out. The slider is kind of sandwiched between the top & bottom of the lid, and is glued in place. That means you can't disassemble it for cleaning. When we got home, we even ran it through the dishwasher, but just couldn't seem to get it clean.

I wound up using a screwdriver to pry the slider off (breaking it in the process). I found a thick layer of moldy coffee/creamer residue between the layers of the "sandwich".:eek: Not pretty, and probably a haven for bacteria.

It was a nice mug, and kept coffee hot, but the lid is pretty poorly designed.:(

It's OK if you only drink black coffee as I do. Once you add a dairy product........YUK.

jg51...

On Sea Princess last week, I got the larger "to go" size in reg. coffee all the time with the card & my wife would get the fancy stuff in the larger "to go" cups too!

You can also get the Princess stainless thermal cup filled with at least brewed coffee, if the to go cup isn't large enough....

don't know about the smoothies.

I had good luck with my mug that is at least several years old now...I still use it all the time & it still works really well!

Your right about the lid change...haven't used the new ones yet so I can't comment.

Here is a pic of the difference from my older mug & the new ones. New one is a little taller & a different cap with that sliding opening that looks non-removeable...

coffee2-1.jpg

I don't remember the cost of the card but usually there is a coupon in the coupon book on the ship that gives you two for one. There are fifteen punches on the card

Incorrect. The 2-4-1 offer ending at the end of 2010 and even then was never offered to everyone. This offer was in a special coupon book that some people received when they booked their cruises through certain agents who had the offer.

Does the coffee card entitle you to the large size or just the regular size and also does it entitle you to the Green tea fruit smoothies regular/large?

You can get regular and large size espresso with the coffee card, but it does not cover the green tea or other fruit smoothies, however you can get iced coffee blend.

jg51...

On Sea Princess last week, I got the larger "to go" size in reg. coffee all the time with the card & my wife would get the fancy stuff in the larger "to go" cups too! You can also get the Princess stainless thermal cup filled with at least brewed coffee, if the to go cup isn't large enough....

Terrific news, "Rllyfun." Many thanks.

Does the coffee bar serve frappucinos?! And if they do, can you use the coffee card punches for one?

Since I drink nothing with milk, I don't know what a frappucino entails. However, there are many different iced coffee drinks and that's exactly what you use your coffee card for.

Since I drink nothing with milk, I don't know what a frappucino entails. However, there are many different iced coffee drinks and that's exactly what you use your coffee card for.

A frappucino is an ice-blended coffee. A bit different than a regular iced coffee. It's got more of a slushy texture.

A frappucino is an ice-blended coffee. A bit different than a regular iced coffee. It's got more of a slushy texture.

So is there a difference between iced latte, caramel mocha, etc.? I mention those, because they are part of the iced coffee blend drink menu.

So is there a difference between iced latte, caramel mocha, etc.? I mention those, because they are part of the iced coffee blend drink menu.

Hmmm I'm not sure! I guess I will just wait til I sail away to find out!!

I'm just going to give their regular coffee a chance, and if I find it un-drinkable then I will go for the coffee card :)

Hmmm I'm not sure! I guess I will just wait til I sail away to find out!!

I'm just going to give their regular coffee a chance, and if I find it un-drinkable then I will go for the coffee card :)

We are both major coffee drinkers and though I won't let a drop of that syrupy sludge pass my lips, my husband is willing to drink it after he dilutes it with hot water. The difference is probably because he uses "moo" and I drink it black.

Can a coffee card be shared in case we don't use all the punches? In case there is a card that can't be used again on a subsequent sailing.

There is never a time that you cannot share punches. It's the unlimited coffee and hot chocolate that shouldn't be shared.

Oh, right, Pia, I guess one of us can pay for the brewed coffee & one can use the card if we are not up for a cafeaulait that day. if 2 cafeaulait's they can punch 2x.

Linda

Then again, once you are buying a punched drink, they will just give you a fresh brewed if you ask. :D A lot depends on the barrista; some more generous than others.

Then again, once you are buying a punched drink, they will just give you a fresh brewed if you ask. :D A lot depends on the barrista; some more generous than others.

That was our experience...I got a latte and DH got a freshbrewed cup of coffee, and most times they only punched "one" on the card.

That was our experience...I got a latte and DH got a freshbrewed cup of coffee, and most times they only punched "one" on the card.

That has always been our experience as well.....In the mornings Mr.QT has a wet Capp and I have freshed brew. Alway have had just the one punch.

Archived