Carnival Ecstasy in Port Canaveral

leesy007

Has anyone looked into cruises on Ecstasy leaving out of Port Canaveral next year? I saw that the ship had a recent upgrade and will be moving here to Florida in 2012. The DH and I are thinking about a 5-day to the Bahamas in May 2012.

Any thoughts on this ship/cruise? Our first cruise was just this past May on the Legend, we loooved it and can not wait to get back out to sea!

We had the Ecstasy booked for March, but we changed our cruise...

The ship is sailing out of a different Terminal also, away from the other ones. I believe it is called Terminal CT3.

We have not been on the Ecstasy yet but we have sailed on several of her sister ships (Fantasy, Fascination, Inspiration and Elation). I'm looking at a March 2012 cruise on her. We have never sailed out of Port Canaveral either, so we are looking forward to trying her out. Its also interesting that the cruise I'm looking at has three ports of call on a five day cruise.

I booked it for Dec 2011. Apparently they are currently building a new terminal, but it won't be finished until late 2012, so it's docking at a temporary cargo terminal. Between it's transfer from Galveston to Port Canaveral, I heard it was being drydocked and updated, so no updates on it as of yet, but it will be updated by the time it starts sailing out of PC. From what I've seen from pictures, it looks like a really nice ship, so I'm excited.

I booked her for a 4 night on dec 1, 2011. Our first ever trip from the kiddos! First time ever being away from them for more than 24 hours! Can't wait. Looking forward to trying a smaller ship. Excited to hear it's going to be updated b4 brought over here!

I heard it was being drydocked and updated, so no updates on it as of yet, but it will be updated by the time it starts sailing out of PC.

It looks like it's scheduled for a two week drydock this coming September (9/8-22). Those are usually just a clean-up/fix-up type of servicing, probably nothing substantial in the way of refurbishment.

I checked out the five day that goes to half moon cay and thought the prices were great. I'm sailing on the ecstasy next month and if I like it, I'm gonna book it again for Jan 2012

Please tell us what you think when you get back? Enjoy:)

I checked out the five day that goes to half moon cay and thought the prices were great. I'm sailing on the ecstasy next month and if I like it, I'm gonna book it again for Jan 2012

I'm booked for Nov 26, the itinerary with Key West from noon to 8 P.M.

Prices have been very good, hope they stay that way. I'd go more, but I'm in that "sting" catagory of paying double.

I'm in that category, too. Lately, since they eliminated the 50% suppl. in 1A, I have been finding better bargains on other lines. EM

My family and I are taking a 5 night from Port Canaveral on the Ecstasy 12/3/12. We've sailed on Carnival Spirit and various Fantasy class ships and we're really excited (even though it's over a year away)! Only having really experience on fantasy class ships, we LOVE them and would recommend them to anyone!

We're set sail on Ecstasy in 3 weeks!! I will try to come back and let you know how it was. Many here have told me that they love the Ecstasy.

Please let's us know what you think!!! :) have a GREAT time!

I logged some serious miles on carnival.com checking out all the great rates. It took every ounce of will power I have to resist booking multiple cruises.

Agreed! We are looking into the cruise from May 6th I think. It is so inexpensive for 3 different ports over 5 days!

Archived